Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will it fit?

Last response: in Storage
April 5, 2012 11:30:39 PM

Will Windows 7, BF3, TF2, and Saints Row the Third all fit on my 60 gb SSD?

More about : fit

a b $ Windows 7
a c 265 G Storage
April 6, 2012 1:01:39 AM

I do not know the install size of all those games but the drive will really slow down when free space is down to 15%! I would only install two games first and then check free space!
m
l
April 6, 2012 1:03:01 AM

no, but there's really no reason to put games on an ssd.

i originally had a couple on my 128gb ssd, and removed them to make room for other programs. loading times might be a few seconds faster, but they aren't instant. its really not worth it.
m
l
Related resources
April 6, 2012 1:14:22 AM

not worth it, OS takes up 20, bf3 for me took up 13. store it on a hdd leave the os and programs on ssd
m
l
April 6, 2012 1:15:01 AM

What about Windows? I can use the SSD as just a boot drive.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
a c 265 G Storage
April 6, 2012 1:26:41 AM

Yes you can, depending on what other programs you have you can still use it for one or two games!
April 6, 2012 1:28:15 AM

Best answer selected by benjamincakir.
m
l
April 6, 2012 1:33:48 AM

welshmousepk said:
no, but there's really no reason to put games on an ssd.

i originally had a couple on my 128gb ssd, and removed them to make room for other programs. loading times might be a few seconds faster, but they aren't instant. its really not worth it.

I agree for most games, however there is a significant improvement when playing MMORPG style games due to the huge amount of caching that goes on while playing these types of games. On a regular HHD you will get a lot of random "stuttering" as data is pulled from the HDD as it is needed on the fly. With an SSD that effect is totally eliminated.
m
l
!