Solved

Will it fit?

Will Windows 7, BF3, TF2, and Saints Row the Third all fit on my 60 gb SSD?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will
  1. I do not know the install size of all those games but the drive will really slow down when free space is down to 15%! I would only install two games first and then check free space!
  2. no, but there's really no reason to put games on an ssd.

i originally had a couple on my 128gb ssd, and removed them to make room for other programs. loading times might be a few seconds faster, but they aren't instant. its really not worth it.
  3. not worth it, OS takes up 20, bf3 for me took up 13. store it on a hdd leave the os and programs on ssd
  4. What about Windows? I can use the SSD as just a boot drive.
  5. Best answer
    Yes you can, depending on what other programs you have you can still use it for one or two games!
  6. Best answer selected by benjamincakir.
  7. welshmousepk said:
    no, but there's really no reason to put games on an ssd.

i originally had a couple on my 128gb ssd, and removed them to make room for other programs. loading times might be a few seconds faster, but they aren't instant. its really not worth it.

I agree for most games, however there is a significant improvement when playing MMORPG style games due to the huge amount of caching that goes on while playing these types of games. On a regular HHD you will get a lot of random "stuttering" as data is pulled from the HDD as it is needed on the fly. With an SSD that effect is totally eliminated.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Windows 7 Battlefield Storage