Sign in with
Your question

Network printer

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 18, 2010 7:09:26 PM

Hi guys, I'm wondering if any of you can help me. I have a HP Officejet 7210 connected to my wireless router through an Ethernet cable. I recently became the proud owner of a new Dell Studio xps 16 laptop running windows 7 home premium 64 bit, however, this new PC does not want to recognize the printer. The printer works wirelessly on two other PC's in my house. One running XP Pro, the other Vista business. However, when i connected my laptop to the internet via Ethernet over power-line, the problem vanished. But now, using wireless, I cannot print, which is becoming a major annoyance. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Luke.

More about : network printer

April 19, 2010 3:31:48 AM

Did you install the latest drivers from the hp site for windows 7?
m
l
April 19, 2010 7:09:11 AM

Yeah, I tried that. It still didn't recognize the printer during installation.
m
l
Related resources
April 20, 2010 10:18:31 PM

Did you have all the other applications shut down while you were installing!
m
l
April 21, 2010 7:05:38 AM

Probably not haha! I'll try again tonight. Thanks.
m
l
April 21, 2010 7:14:57 PM

I tried installing again with all applications shut down, and i keep getting the following error message : Your computer is unable to communicate with your printer at 192.168.2.8. This may be caused by firewall software. If you are using firewall software, verify that UDP port 427 is unblocked for both inbound and outbound traffic.

The software cannot communicate with your printer at IP address 192.168.2.8. This may be caused by many factors; the most common is firewall software.

I unblocked UDP port 427 and even tried installing with my firewall off. It still doesn't work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Luke.
m
l
!