Trouble Logging On

Uhh guys can you help me? See all I did was I scanned my comp with Norton
2005 and then changed the bootup programs in msconfig. Then i restarted my
computer and tried to log on to my account it logged on showed my wallpaper
and logged off. Did i do something wrong with the msconfig BTW if you guys
are wondering how i'm typing this i'm using my sis's comp.

I found someone who had the same problem as me but there aren't any
solutions in that thread either. If it helps the thread is
http://www.windowsforum.org/forum/i...showtopic=13332
2 answers Last reply
More about trouble logging

    Sorry to add on but I have the same problem and need help desperately. I
    cannot get past welcome screen. If any user clicks on their icon the
    computer logs on, tries to load personal settings then logs off immediately.
    I never can see my desktop! Whats more this happens in safe mode and I
    cannot do safe mode command prompt. I do not have a separate windows CD
    because XP came loaded with my new (9/2002) Dell desktop.

    HELP!

    "Mechablitz" wrote:

    > Uhh guys can you help me? See all I did was I scanned my comp with Norton
    > 2005 and then changed the bootup programs in msconfig. Then i restarted my
    > computer and tried to log on to my account it logged on showed my wallpaper
    > and logged off. Did i do something wrong with the msconfig BTW if you guys
    > are wondering how i'm typing this i'm using my sis's comp.
    >
    > I found someone who had the same problem as me but there aren't any
    > solutions in that thread either. If it helps the thread is
    > http://www.windowsforum.org/forum/i...showtopic=13332

    I also have this problem... Mine started when a Norton AntiVirus scan
    identified several files as "spyware" and advised to delete them. Once I did
    that, all I get is this... Of course, Norton Tech Support has been NO HELP
    at all. (I'm beginning to wonder if he even understands English. :-( )
    Same thing with Safe Mode - can';t log in there, either.

    I have the Windows XP CD, but I can't get Setup to run - I get to either the
    black screen with white boxes across the bottom ("Loading Windwos Setup...)
    and the computer stops there, or I get a blue screen with Windwos XP Setup in
    the upper right corner, and again the computer stops at that point.

    Maybe I have multiple issues going on here????

    "ILLCUTYURHART" wrote:

    > Sorry to add on but I have the same problem and need help desperately. I cannot get past welcome screen. If any user clicks on their icon the computer logs on, tries to load personal settings then logs off immediately.
    > I never can see my desktop! Whats more this happens in safe mode and I cannot do safe mode command prompt. I do not have a separate windows CD because XP came loaded with my new (9/2002) Dell desktop.
    >
    > HELP!
    >
    > "Mechablitz" wrote:
    >
    > > Uhh guys can you help me? See all I did was I scanned my comp with Norton 2005 and then changed the bootup programs in msconfig. Then i restarted my computer and tried to log on to my account it logged on showed my wallpaper and logged off. Did i do something wrong with the msconfig BTW if you guys are wondering how i'm typing this i'm using my sis's comp.
    > >
    > > I found someone who had the same problem as me but there aren't any solutions in that thread either. If it helps the thread is http://www.windowsforum.org/forum/i...showtopic=13332

Configuration Windows XP