How many fans do I need for super cooling?

Jaskaran498

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hello
My pc specs-
Core i7 3770k processor
Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard.
Zotac nvidia syenergy gddr3 2gb graphics card (I know it's loss end so please don't mention to change it, I will change in in future)
Corsair vengeance 4x1 gb ram
Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Mid Tower Cabinet
Extra fan that I want to purchase-Cooler Master 90 CFM Blue LED Cooler ( http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-90-cfm-blue-led/p/itmd7q4fcdvw3ujg?pid=COLD7Q4DF73WMYF4&ref=3589b7ce-32a8-4cf6-a724-2b7fd0ceecf5 )
I want to overclock my processor to maximum (4.5Ghz).
My country is very hot (India) and temperature in my area sometimes reaches upto 50 degree Celsius. I am a gaming geek and like playing high end games like I will also be playing crisis3. My cabinet comes with 2 inbuilt fans. I keep my pc on for almost full day (downloading etc.).
So please tell me how many fans (that I mentioned above) do I need for good cooling?
Will my fan for properly? Because I heard that its size is too big.

Jaskaran498

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
But the fan you told is too much for my pocket money.
Also it has same rpm rate and its cfm airflow is also lower. So how is it better?
PS- I don't have much knowledge about this stuff...
Can you please give me some cheaper alternatives. Since I have spent more than 2lakh rupees these 2 months (including mobiles and stuffs...). So my parents won't give me anymore.

EDIT: Should I go for liquid cooling fan system? For better cooling?

hdeezie80

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012

You may want to go with liquid cooling eventually, BUT you may want to focus on balancing out your system before you consider overclocking.

Suggestions:

- If you are going to be gaming your main goal should be purchasing a better GPU if you are using a GT 610 synergy card or lower scrap it and switch to your integrated graphics, all the card is doing for you is generating heat. Overclocking your cpu won't benefit you until you get a decent GPU. at minimum a 650ti
- make sure you have an adequate PSU, at minimum 500W
- running 4 1gb dimms is generating alot of unecessary heat, instead of buying multiple case fans buy a single 4gb dimm make sure the voltage is 1.5. if you are going to be using iGPU than go for 1866 ram a single 4Gb dimm will cost you about the same as 2 case fans, other wise just go for 1600 mhz.
- DO some research about what it is you want to achieve with your hardware and then start to plan out what you will need to get it there

Jaskaran498

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
I have a single corsair ram of 4gb.
I am going to use my low end gpu in partnership with integrated one for a boost.
I think I will not buy this cpu cabinet instead I am going to go for corsair 400r. Is it good enough?
Which fan is better- noctua d 14 (or whatever) or deepcool assassin (actually my parents just agreed to spend that much).
Thanks for help so far.

TRENDING THREADS