M4A785TD-V possibly broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

anya_fennec

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Hello,
While in Thailand I built a desktop and it worked fine, then took it apart and brought over the more expensive parts to the U.S. for college. I ordered a new case and powersupply (Corsair TX650), and tried to rebuild it today. The fans came on and the power LED in front of the case lit up, but the monitor didn't receive any signal at all - I know the monitor works because I'm using it to dual-screen my laptop right now. The beeper didn't say anything, there was no audio output, and the harddrive LED in front of the case was off. It may just be a different problem entirely, but then the monitor should at least show the BIOS. The only differences between my old and current build is the PSU (the previous one was 500W). Does this sound like a problem with the motherboard, and are there any fixes?

Thank you.

Other specs:
AMD Phenom x4 955 Black Edition
Asus M4A785TD-V
HIS ATI Radeon 4870

Solution
I would make sure everything is plugged in first, I know it might sound dumb or something in away but I thought my mobo was fried when I was just plugging the power button into the wrong jumper. So make sure the CPU 4pin power cable is plugged in, and the two graphics card 6pin (i think the 4870 has two) power cables are in and check out this list too http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems I hope that helps.

notsonoobPCguy

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
I would make sure everything is plugged in first, I know it might sound dumb or something in away but I thought my mobo was fried when I was just plugging the power button into the wrong jumper. So make sure the CPU 4pin power cable is plugged in, and the two graphics card 6pin (i think the 4870 has two) power cables are in and check out this list too http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems I hope that helps.

Solution

anya_fennec

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010

Thanks, didn't notice that list because I was looking in the wrong forum. It was a problem with the RAM slots (which is weird, I used the same slot as I did in Thailand).

Status
Not open for further replies.