Pressing the "Order Button" - Please review my $1,500 build

Attached in an image showing my shopping cart for my "proposed" purchase.

Does this look like an effective use of $1,500? I intend to use this computer for photoshop/lightroom and gaming.
I would like to run Bad Company 2 at the highest settings at 1920x1200 and Diablo 3 & Star Wars: The Old Republic when released.
With that said, I need recommendations for a new LCD monitor $500 or less... Preferably something that would work well for photoshop/lightroom as well as gaming.
My wife is a school teacher - I will acquire a copy of Windows 7 through an educational source.



I am also more than willing to entertain changes or modifications (especially if I missed a much more advantageous combo deal).

Thank you!
10 answers Last reply
More about pressing order button review build
  1. I would say the only thing you need help with is finding a monitor, as that build is pretty much spot on imo.
  2. i would consider some of the newer amd 890 boards
  3. At the $1500 price point, I'd do an Intel Build.

    As for the monitor, if Photoshop is the primary consideration, you'll want to avoid a TN panel. The entry point for n IPS panel is the Dell u2410. It can usually be found "on special" for about $530.

    Watch sites like techbargains.com and fatwallet.com for the specials....otherwise its $599
  4. JackNaylorPE said:
    At the $1500 price point, I'd do an Intel Build.

    As for the monitor, if Photoshop is the primary consideration, you'll want to avoid a TN panel. The entry point for n IPS panel is the Dell u2410. It can usually be found "on special" for about $530.

    Watch sites like techbargains.com and fatwallet.com for the specials....otherwise its $599



    I would note that my $1,500 budget includes the purchase of the monitor. I'm willing to add a little more Cash to the equation if it merits it.
  5. obsidian86 said:
    i would consider some of the newer amd 890 boards



    I haven't read much about them - has there been an "early front-runner" that I could wisely spend my money on?
  6. You forgot to photoshop out you promo code, whatever that is.
  7. pertshire said:
    You forgot to photoshop out you promo code, whatever that is.


    That's just a promo code for his case, that's published on the Newegg website :lol:
  8. Thanks,

    Any recommendations for a monitor purchase?

    Can I do any better than the Dell U2410? I can get it through my work for approximately $470 (including shipping and tax).
  9. The Dell U2410 Monitor is excellent i been looking at one myself and personally i think there are few better
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Photoshop Systems Product