# XMP Profile 1:1333MHz 8-8-8-20 1.60V
# XMP Profile 2:1333MHz 7-7-7-20 1.60V
# Available 4GB D/C Optimized kits
# Unbuffered
# Intel Branded XTC Heatspreader
# Lifetime Warranty
# 240Pin DIMM

and my motherboard is P7P55D-PRO

The OS that i currently have is Windows 7 pro 64bit.

I want to upgrade from 4 to 8gb but the problem is that i cant find that memory anymore (i live in Greece).

Can you please recommend me a solution to this.
What kind of memory should i get so as not to have any problems.
Thank you very much.

More about : ram upgrade

November 10, 2010 7:49:41 AM

Thanks for the link.

The thing is that i want to combine the ram i already have with 4gb more.

I have looked on the net about that subject (combining memories) and what people say is that the new ram must have almost the same specs with the ones i have. But that is not an easy task for me.

So......those you have suggested me can be combined with the ones i have?

And what specs should i check when i want to combine different ram? voltage, timings etc.

Does the specs have to be exactly the same for optimum performance? (hope not)

Thanks again! :) 

Related resources
a b } Memory
November 10, 2010 8:09:36 AM

^^Unfortunately yes. The specs of all the RAM's have to be the same. Otherwise you system will be come unstable. That is why we recommend changing the complete set of RAM when unable to find a suitable match.
November 10, 2010 8:18:53 AM

DAMN!!! lol

I bought this ram like 3-4 months ago. Should have gotten 8gb at once but i didn't had the cash at that time.

Thanks for the replies guys.

And hell_storm200 great pic. I love South park!!
a b } Memory
November 10, 2010 8:21:05 AM

Ok, so. The speed, and timing has to be the same. If you got the same brand that's better. But should you have only same speed and timing, it can work together. Just the spec: speed and timing must be the same.

I see your RAM can run at timings 8-8-8-20 @1.6V. If you buy the Ram that I linked, that memory can run at 7-7-7-20, so it will run on 8-8-8-20 too. About the voltage, set it to the worst case (highest one).. so..

Your current RAM: 8-8-8-20 @ 1.6V
My linked RAM: 7-7-7-20 @ 1.5V
--------------------------------------------
set it to: 8-8-8-20 @ 1.6V

Btw, your RAM can run at 7-7-7-20 @1.6V from profile. So it also can be:

Your current RAM: 7-7-7-20 @ 1.6V
My linked RAM: 7-7-7-20 @ 1.5V
--------------------------------------------
set it to: 7-7-7-20 @ 1.6V

Don't worry, the Ram I linked to you has the same speed and timings already :)  .
a b } Memory
November 10, 2010 8:28:34 AM

cotonas said:
And hell_storm200 great pic. I love South park!!

Thanks! I love Cartman! :) 
November 10, 2010 8:34:32 AM

Well you made my day a lot better andrern!!! I was starting to lose hope.....

I have already set my ram at 7-7-7-20 @ 1.6V.

So if i get the ram you linked and set it at 7-7-7-20 @ 1.6V will work. That is great news!!!

You have probably saved me a lot of cash mate. Thanks a lot!!!!
a b } Memory
November 10, 2010 8:41:13 AM

The link that Andern provided is from newegg. I am not sure newegg would ship to Greece. Just pick one up from your area or any PC hardware website in you country.
November 10, 2010 8:51:41 AM

Cartman rules!!!

I have found the ones andrern suggested (much more expensive here than newegg).

The only thing that i am concern about is that the ram is designed to run at 1.65V.
From the reviews someone said that it can also run at 7-7-7-20 @ 1.5V. According to this if i set the voltage to 1.6V it should run fine at 1333Mhz. What i was wondering is if I can trust the review and also how can i be 100% sure that setting the ram at 1.6V will not have an impact at speed.

Sorry if i ask some silly questions but i am new to computer building and not rich (LOL).

Thanks again guys!!
a b } Memory
November 11, 2010 12:57:07 AM

cotonas said:
Cartman rules!!!

I have found the ones andrern suggested (much more expensive here than newegg).

The only thing that i am concern about is that the ram is designed to run at 1.65V.
From the reviews someone said that it can also run at 7-7-7-20 @ 1.5V. According to this if i set the voltage to 1.6V it should run fine at 1333Mhz. What i was wondering is if I can trust the review and also how can i be 100% sure that setting the ram at 1.6V will not have an impact at speed.

Sorry if i ask some silly questions but i am new to computer building and not rich (LOL).

Thanks again guys!!

lol.
Well, the 1.65V is the max safe limit standard by JEDEC standard. You don't need that much of voltage actually in reality, mostly the 1.65V is used in overclocking the RAM. It purposes to keep you RAM fed with enough electricity. RAM without enough electricity will be unstable. But it has also downside: generates more heat which, if too much, also causes instability. So you'll want to stay away from this max. safe limit and go with cooler heat, no? Play safe. In normal circumstances DDR3 almost won't need that much, only in overclocking.

Still, if your system finds to be unstable after setting the RAM to lower volt, you can try upping the voltage one notch by one notch..
The trick is this; you set the volt to 1.65V (max.), then, lower it one notch by one notch (lower volt, cooler heat) until your system become unstable. That's the limit how low voltage your Ram can cool out without messing the stability.

..and, no, if you set the voltage to 1.6V it would not impact system speed :)  . It just serves the memory so that it won't lack of electricity, thus causing instability. Basically, it's just to feed electronic stuffs electricity to make it work properly.
November 16, 2010 6:14:13 AM

I finally purchased the OCZ memories.

Things were not like plug and play.

I have until this morning several crashes with blue screens that says something about memory_management.

I run memtest for about 11 hours (7passes) with no errors.

As a last effort to stabilize the system i used XMP profile from the bios but i changed voltage, timings, manually and everything seems ok for now. Booted the computer 3 or 4 times and everything went smouth.

Is this XMP profile safe?
a b } Memory
November 16, 2010 6:30:16 AM

Could you please post the error code of the BSOD. It would be of great help. The only thing is BSOD go away to quick to even get your eyes over it. You can do a google on the BSOD and you may find a solution.
November 16, 2010 6:40:31 AM

Thanks for the reply hell_storm.

I will post the blue screen later cause i am at work right now (and talking to the forums LOL).

I have done a google search (not an intensive search due to my limited free time) and the only thing i found out is to check if i have inserted the ram in the correct slots. That is not my case. Everything is in the right place.

Lets hope i will not see that blue screen again to post it (hehe).

I will let you know as soon as i get home.

Thank again hell_storm!!!!!! :) 
November 16, 2010 2:58:58 PM

Just got back from work and no blue screen ;)  .

Windows opened up with no problems. But i think that things are a bit slow and also i get some random freezes.
I will probably run memtest once more just to be sure.

I have also changed the power plan from high performance to balanced because with high performance the cpu was overclocked all the time and not only when loaded. Does changing from high performance to balanced make any big difference?

November 16, 2010 7:25:39 PM

well......i stopped memtest when it reached 20.000 errors LOL!!
maybe its the xmp profile. Dont know.

I will stick with the 4gb probably and sent the new ones back. I am starting to lose a lot of time trying to make it work.
a b } Memory
November 18, 2010 2:00:57 AM

Sorry I'm late. That's weird. Try looking at the BIOS setting. Maybe you haven't adjusted the voltage manually. You need to adjust the voltage to the worst (highest voltage) setting from both RAM. Say, you need to go to 1.65V, and try step down from there bit by bit voltage, from the BIOS setting. Have you returned the memory back yet?

Might have gone default settings as advertised there: Voltage 1.65V with loose timings to 9-9-9-24 to stabilize the whole system. Then try to step down from there. Maybe the timing is too tight,or undervoltaged to work,that is,
!