ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
I recently built a new system and computer accidentally fell and suddenly stopped working. I checked around and found out if you take off the cpu power connector(4 pin) the computer will boot with all fans at full speed but will not post or make any beep on the speakers. What is the problem here????? Please help it would be appreciated. Everything is seated properly, and the power supply cord didnt come out when it fell

Specs

Amd x3 435 cpu
Nf750-g55 mobo
corsair xms3 pc3-12800 1600 ram
hd 5850 video card
ocz modxstream 500w

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009

It just won't boot up. The only way to actually get it booted up(nothing on monitor though) is to unplug the cpu 4 pin power connector. I accidentally kicked it(originally standing on the floor) and boom it fell on it\s side with a bang. Not the side with the motherboard btw.

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009

It wont boot up. It does not post. It does not get the loading screen. No lights go on. Fans do a small quick movement and motherboard LED does a very fast flash. I cannot get into the BIOS.

If I unplug cpu power all fans go to full speed mobo LED turns up (blue) andnothing appears on the monitor.

fastx21

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I would start from the obvious, try a different psu (even if it's alot lower of a wattage rating) to see if that helps.

Well first I'd pull the proc and see if there is any physical damage. I mean you could have separated it while it's running and I don't know what kind of damage that can do.

Then just try a board, proc and video to see if you get anything.

Honestly though when I burned out my proc once all I got was a black screen and no beeps. Different but it may be your problem as well.

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009

Unfortunately, what I am using to write this is a laptop and I don't have any other computer, and my friend has this ancient dell. I can't seem to replace anything :/. I did make this comp 34 days ago, all items have a warranty on it.