Odd memory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Okay so I was going through some standard trouble shooting when my system wouldn't boot properly. I tested the two DDR2-667 memory modules one at a time and neither one worked, so I tried another set of DDR2-800 modules and everything worked fine. I figured the odds of two sticks going bad simultaneously was pretty slim so I tested them in my main system and they worked fine. I reset the CMOS on the first system and tried the 667 modules again but still nothing. I was using these same modules on the system just a few days ago with no problems, the only thing I changed was the processor for a few days but now it's back to the original configuration.

It's a G31 board, ECS G31T-M7 with an E3200, no overclocks or anything. Anyone got any ideas?

djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Oddly enough, trying the different slots with each stick lead me to a fix. It turns out one of the sticks was causing an error only when in the left slot but it worked fine on the right. The other stick worked fine in both slots. I just had the wrong stick in the wrong slot, weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.