Sign in with
Your question

How to close internet explorer on xp to install adobe flash

Last response: in Windows XP
November 19, 2012 2:20:39 PM

Hello,

I am attempting to download Flash 11.5 and the download gets about 50% done when I get a
message saying I must close IE to continue and finish download. I have no idea how to close it
and/or get back to or stay on the Adobe download site...I have clicked on the upper right hand
box but that still doesn't let me proceed with the download . I get the same message....

My question is how do I fully close IE and still continue... Thank you very much.

Wilson
November 20, 2012 10:25:32 AM

palmsprings said:
Hello,

I am attempting to download Flash 11.5 and the download gets about 50% done when I get a
message saying I must close IE to continue and finish download. I have no idea how to close it
and/or get back to or stay on the Adobe download site...I have clicked on the upper right hand
box but that still doesn't let me proceed with the download . I get the same message....

My question is how do I fully close IE and still continue... Thank you very much.

Wilson

If the download is in a separate window, clicking the red X should close IE. If not, bring up task manager and kill it.
m
l
November 20, 2012 1:07:51 PM

It doesn't need to close while downloading, only when installing. Are you sure you don't have the file set to run after download? If so, you want to run the installer manually. Just download the file without having it run automatically.
m
l
!