Sign in with
Your question

Logged in as administrator yet no privileges

Tags:
  • Security
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
November 19, 2012 3:08:49 PM

I have bought a program, "Password Memory", complete with licence and all. It requires to be installed with administrator privileges, which I did.

The installation proceeds smoothly, yet when I try to run the installed program, an error message prompts to run the program for the first time with administrator privileges, even though that is exactly what I try to do. The first of the program is the time that the licence codes must be inputed, but obviously I cannot even do this.

Here is the exact message:

"Please run this program from the Administrator account so it can set up your license. Once the license is set up, you can run it from any account."

Other context info:

I run a PC with Win XP SP3 installed (version 2002). This PC is also part of a domain on a Windows Server 2011 edition.

When I run the PC as administrator, I log in as administrator of the local machine, NOT on the Domain.

The program executable is : Keynote.exe, version 4.1.2.321, Copyright © 2007-2012 Code:Aero Technology

The tech support tried to help me but after an exchange of several email and several try at solutions, it gave up.

Can you please help? Thank your in advance

More about : logged administrator privileges

November 19, 2012 3:45:40 PM

have you tried with compatibility mode..
got to properties of the application by right click --> properties..
then select compatibility tab
enable "run as administrator" option
& also give a try with
enable " run this program in compatible mode & select Windows XP SP2
m
l
November 26, 2012 2:08:44 AM

manojgj said:
have you tried with compatibility mode..
got to properties of the application by right click --> properties..
then select compatibility tab
enable "run as administrator" option
& also give a try with
enable " run this program in compatible mode & select Windows XP SP2

I did try to run the program in compatible mode, but the option Windows XP SP2 did not appear. However, nothing to loose, I tried with the option "Windows 2000" an low and behold, it worked.
Now the program is registered, with the licence I paid for and works!
Thank you indeed very much, you were a big help.

m
l
!