Safe mode

what is the important use of safe mode? i'm confusing the use of safemode within my computer when troubleshooting my computer..please help me to understand the use of it. tnx!
7 answers Last reply
More about safe mode
  1. what is the used of safe mode in troubleshooting? I'm confusing the use of safe mode within my computer when troubleshooting my computer..please help me to understand the use of it..tnx!
  2. Have a read of this.Hope it helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_mode
  3. If you can't get SafeMode to run you have to suspect you might have a RootKit type virus.
    You might need to run a LiveCD (CD or DVD with bootable computer operating system) to do your repairs.
  4. Mainly it keeps various drivers and programs from loading and uses generic windows drivers that are known to work thus cutting down on the possible list of conflicts that could be the cause of the problems and making it easier to begin finding the problem.
  5. +1 to what JDFan said.

I also tend to use it when removing/scanning for malware since the more notorious forms of malware reinstall themselves at startup. By using safe mode you can temporarily disable all but the necessary startup processes so this sometimes makes it easier to remove tricky malware.
  6. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Safe mode
Ask a new question

Read More

Safe Mode Computer Safemode Components