Sign in with
Your question

Safe mode

Last response: in Components
May 22, 2010 6:53:00 AM

what is the important use of safe mode? i'm confusing the use of safemode within my computer when troubleshooting my computer..please help me to understand the use of it. tnx!

More about : safe mode

May 22, 2010 9:06:54 AM

what is the used of safe mode in troubleshooting? I'm confusing the use of safe mode within my computer when troubleshooting my computer..please help me to understand the use of it..tnx!
Related resources
May 22, 2010 1:01:27 PM

If you can't get SafeMode to run you have to suspect you might have a RootKit type virus.
You might need to run a LiveCD (CD or DVD with bootable computer operating system) to do your repairs.
May 22, 2010 1:59:27 PM

Mainly it keeps various drivers and programs from loading and uses generic windows drivers that are known to work thus cutting down on the possible list of conflicts that could be the cause of the problems and making it easier to begin finding the problem.
May 22, 2010 2:02:20 PM

+1 to what JDFan said.

I also tend to use it when removing/scanning for malware since the more notorious forms of malware reinstall themselves at startup. By using safe mode you can temporarily disable all but the necessary startup processes so this sometimes makes it easier to remove tricky malware.
May 26, 2010 7:40:48 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Safe mode
    !