Installing silverstone strider st1500 on rog 3 formula

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
i have just recently purchased a silverstone strider st1500 psu, its a switching psu, i have never used a power supply unit like this before. i have read both motherboard manual and psu manuals. the psu manual said to refer to the motherboard manual. and my motherboard manual says nothing about switching active pfc psu's.

is this really as easy as hooking everything up. inserting plug. place the psu on stand by, and press the power button and the motherboard will handle the rest?

i like being sure before i install things when spending this kind of loot. my dual gtx 580's are in the mail. i eventually plan on going tri sli, but want to get this psu and the rest of my rig setup and ready before they arrive.

also some websites claim to use a power bar with this psu. others say because of its type to specifically not use a surge protector with this unit. im confused and would appreciate some pro advice.

there seems to be limited info on both this psu unit and my motherboard unit, some of what little info i can find is conflicting.

how does all this work. . . . . . building computers used to be easy.