Downloaded flv files wont play in realplayer (black screen no sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnHaggerty

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
I'm running RP 15.0.6.14 and download FLV files using RP Downloader 1.2.0 via Firefox 16.0.2 or IE 8.0.6001.18702

They won't play in RP (black screen, no sound) but play OK in Media Player Classic 1.6.5.6173 (2920406). Any ideas?

Regards,
John

To play : (Flash or Shockwave Player must be installed), Flash Video (*.flv).

JohnHaggerty

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012

Hi ksiemb,

Thanks for the reply. Add/remove programs showed Abode Flash Player 11 Plugin but I downloaded and installed the latest version (11.5.502.110) from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html anyway.

Now the RealDownloader 'Download This Video' pop-up doesn't appear in Firefox anymore. It does appear in IE but not where it used to appear. The videos still play in Firefox but IE now plays with a black screen and no sound - same as RealPlayer.

Download This Video in IE still works but the flv files still only play in WMP Classic - Home Cinema - RealPlayer still plays them as black screen and no sound. So now I have to watch videos in Firefox and switch to IE if I want to download them.

I've since completely uninstalled and re-installed Flash Player but it's not made any difference. Any ideas what's happening?

Regards,

John

ThomasRandle

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Hey there, I know what you are saying about the playback being blacked out...it's driving me nuts. I like to launch a video and repeat or continous play while doing stuff around the house. I have the same softwares, but newer versions...I'm up to about 30 experiments including reinstall of complete system 3 times, (had a quickbooks problem too). Anyway, I do not have a fix yet, but I do have an alternative for now.

http://www.koyotesoft.com/video-software/free-flv-converter.html

Here is torch browser that is made for downloading, and then realplayer plays them fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.