ASUS P6X58D
CORSAIR XMS3 6G (3 channel)
CORSAIR 850W PS
CORSAIR H50 water cooler
WD caviar black 640GB HDD
ANTEC 900 case
Windows 7
XFX HD5770 video card

Plugged everything in and put everything together and it all worked. Posted the first time, all the BIOS were set automatically and windows 7 installed and ran just fine.

As of right now i am getting everything at stock speeds until i learn how to OC. the OC forum on here is a great learning tool, i just want to get more comfortable with it, read up on alot more

This site is great for builders and helped me a good bit during my build.

More about : computer built great

March 14, 2010 5:03:37 AM

sevir said:
Just built my first CPU.

Specs:
I7 930
ASUS P6X58D
CORSAIR XMS3 6G (3 channel)
CORSAIR 850W PS
CORSAIR H50 water cooler
WD caviar black 640GB HDD
ANTEC 900 case
Windows 7
XFX HD5770 video card

Plugged everything in and put everything together and it all worked. Posted the first time, all the BIOS were set automatically and windows 7 installed and ran just fine.

As of right now i am getting everything at stock speeds until i learn how to OC. the OC forum on here is a great learning tool, i just want to get more comfortable with it, read up on alot more

This site is great for builders and helped me a good bit during my build.

Congrats on your first build! Doesn't it make you feel great?!? Enjoy!

And oh, Im looking into the XFX 5770 and the Antec 900 for my next build this month. What do you think of them?
m
l
March 14, 2010 9:32:57 AM

ASUS P6 seriies motherboards are very easy to overclock :)  once you get the hang of it you will be even more impressed by the choice of CPU & Mobo
m
l
March 14, 2010 2:06:53 PM

xrome said:
Congrats on your first build! Doesn't it make you feel great?!? Enjoy!

And oh, Im looking into the XFX 5770 and the Antec 900 for my next build this month. What do you think of them?

It does feel good that everything worked the first time. I was kinda worried if i put the thermal paste on right, but i ran prime 95 all night and the CPU never got above 46c

when i first got the 900 i thought it was a huge case. Then when i put everything in there i realized it isnt as big as i would thought. I got everything to fit but the cable management took a little time. If you dont have to worry about case size i would go with the 1200 instead.

I havent loaded any games on this thing yet. My most demanding game right now is Oblivian. My old desktop is 8 year old. Looks like today i am going to get me a new game to test this thing out.
m
l
Related resources
!