Best Case for my standards?

Yadumadoda

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I would like a case under $100 that is:

-Mid Tower
-Cable Management(I'm not willing to drill any)
-5 or so case fans
-A side windows preferably, but not necessary. It would be great if I had one, but I don't need it.
-Big enough for 2 x 5770, and a Hyper 212+

I was looking at the Antec 300, but it seemed to have no cable management. Then I looked at Antec 900, it has no cable management options.

I would like to keep my prices down as low as I can, but if I have to go all the way up to $100(such as the CM690), then I will.

My considerations:
-Cooler Master RC-690
-Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced
-NZXT Lexa S
-Cooler Master Storm Scout

Right now, I'm leaning towards the NZXT Lexa S, I like the looks of it, and it can fit 5 fans, and I like the side window, also with cable management holes. It fits all of my needs, but I was wondering if there were better options. Thanks guys.

AMW1011

Distinguished
How about the Lian-Li Lancool PC-k62?

It has all the fans you could ever need, good cable management, a side windows, fully black interior, fits even a 5970, is completely tool-less, and uses a lot of 140mm fans which push a good deal of air at reduces noise levels as opposed to 120mm fans.

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
The Lian-Li AMW1011 mentioned sounds very nice and is at a good price on Newegg too. I have an Antec 300 for my current build and it has the typical Antec build quality. Its a very nice case and has great airflow and ventilation. As you mentioned it doesn't have great cable management options from the start but I drilled my own cable management holes using various size holesaws and I'm very happy with the result. I've actually just cut and installed my own window for the side panel and had much more enjoyment doing so myself than I would having bought one pre-installed. Cases are more a matter of preference than anything though..there's usually not a lot to choose between the higher-end quality models.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Right now, I'm leaning towards the NZXT Lexa S, I like the looks of it, and it can fit 5 fans, and I like the side window, also with cable management holes. It fits all of my needs, but I was wondering if there were better options. Thanks guys.

It's a genuinely good case. I think it's the best at the price range.

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I recommend you to go for the Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced. It's really difficult find any real weakness on this case. It's very well constructed, for a mid-tower there is plenty of space inside (it is very easy to work in), phenomenal airflow (supports up to 11 fans including the VGA support which can also hold an 80mm fan to aid in cooling the video cards), awesome cable management, air filters at the top, front and bottom panels, CPU cooler gap, SATA HDD/SSD dock, screwless mechanisms for fastening drives, 6 hard drive bays( dual SSD mounting bay) and very well ventilated (although it performs quiet).
Cooler Master has also said that window panels will be available.
Terrific mid-tower...
On the other hand, I has not enough room for a HD5970 graphic card and don't have air filter for all side fans. If you are thinking about install a lot of fans I also recommend you to connect the fans to some sort of fan controller.

Here you have a video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed4RC6r2NTk&feature=fvsr

Yadumadoda

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
After researching for a few more hours, I think I'm going to get a HAF 922. I never mentioned it in my first post, but I really like the looks of it, it looks like a fort :D. Also, it has a lot of room, and some huge fans, and I'm willing to buy some more. Although a lot of people recommends the CM690 over the HAF 922, I think i'm going to go with the HAF922.

Opinions?

In a mid tower, I'd go Antec 902 or HAF 922....pricewise, the HAF wins big....I like the 902's dust filters Though the dimensions between the 922 and 932 or Antec 1200 aren't big

HAF 922 - 22.20" x 10.00" x 19.70" ($90)
Antec 902 - 18.60" x 8.60" x 19.40" ($120)