Your question
Solved

Antec NEO 620w

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
Last response: in Components
May 22, 2010 4:57:46 PM

Theres a deal on newegg today selling this PSU:http://www.newegg.ca/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

I want to know if it will power this setup.

Asrock Extreme3 890GX MOtherboard
Corsair XMS3 4gb 1600 C8
Sapphire HD 5850 CROSSFIRE (worried about this part)
1x optical drive
1x hard drive
AMD x3 435 CPU overclocked to 3.8ghz

Please give a quick response, your help will be greatly appreciated.

More about : antec neo 620w

a b ) Power supply
May 22, 2010 5:07:13 PM

Here are the official power requirements based on your graphics card:

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)

This applies to the whole system not just the card.

As you can see you should be fine on a 650W unit and you have some headroom to spare. This will be handy with your overclock etc. You could probably get away with crossfiring on that unit. The link that you posted doesn't take me to a product...it says product not found but at face value and judging that it is an Antec unit, I would say it should be of good build quality and reliability.
m
l
May 22, 2010 5:08:19 PM

moody89 said:
Here are the official power requirements based on your graphics card:

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)

This applies to the whole system not just the card.

As you can see you should be fine on a 650W unit and you have some headroom to spare. This will be handy with your overclock etc. You could probably get away with crossfiring on that unit. The link that you posted doesn't take me to a product...it says product not found but at face value and judging that it is an Antec unit, I would say it should be of good build quality and reliability.

Sorry, Link should be fixed now, thanks for your reply
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
May 22, 2010 5:18:05 PM

Link is fixed now and from what I can gather, that PSU was manufactured by Seasonic which have a good reputation for building good quality PSUs. That unit should be fine for your needs and its at a good price at the moment too. Best of luck!
May 22, 2010 5:19:43 PM

Best answer selected by ringelos.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
May 22, 2010 5:23:30 PM

Forgot to add that this PSU doesn't come with a lead so you'll need one of those too unless you already have one.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
May 22, 2010 5:42:56 PM

57$ for a 80+ Antec 620W PSU which has been made by Seasonic... Take this PSU and run!
m
l
!