Gigabyte mobo +Gskill Ram question

Darksoprano

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Hello Everyone,

Long time reader first time poster, Recently i've been sourcing information and putting together a build list of a system im building shortly. Based on some input and recommendations i have acquired a Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H mother board and plan to grab a 955BE to run on it.

The ram ive been looking at based on price and availability in my area is G.skil 2x2gb F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Ive heard some rumors this ram might have issues with this mobo, even though the gskil site tells another story, will i need to flash the bios given the ram/cpu combination, or should it all be fine straight out of the box.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

John

ulysses35

Distinguished
Welcome to the forusm :)

Every motherboard manufacturer lists "recomended" RAM modules / Brands - so this may or may not be why people say the modules might have issues.

Most shops or online retailers will allow you to return items if they dont work for some reason. I would check with the seller before purchasing about their returns policy.

Have you checked in to what the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard fixes or improves ? often the updates are just performance increases (very minor) or stability bugs they have fixed.

I checked with the gskill site and they dont list your motherboard as being tested as working with the modules you have chosen.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=222

In theory they should work.... but its a gamble

Darksoprano

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
The mobo is listed on that site, its the very last Gigabyte one, being the GA-MA785GT-UD3H i was just concerned as you hear one thing read another and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

i believe the bios is rev3/f3 version, i wont fully know till i get it running, and unless there's some seriously needed updates i should hopefully be fine.

The ram compatibility was my main concern hopefully it should be ok since the site says it does work with the motherboard, and it never hurts to ask, there's enough builds out there im sure someones come across it.