First time with watercooling need some help/suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hey guys! Im looking to get a Kraken x60. basically I'd get like to know if i put it on the top of my Phantom 410, with the radiator on the inside of the case and the fans on the outside in the plastic top. should the fans still blow air out of the top, or should they be blowing towards the radiator? let me know if i need to clarify anything :D

EDIT: or any suggestions to place the radiator would be much appreciated. :)

Solution
As with all closed loop coolers and watercooling in general, coolest air is best, even if that goes against conventional airflow design; you just might need to alter it a bit. Otherwise, if your case has great airflow anyway, fan direction shouldn't matter much. Make sure you are aware if your case actually has great airflow...just because the box or website says it does, that doesn't mean it's necessarily the truth.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
As with all closed loop coolers and watercooling in general, coolest air is best, even if that goes against conventional airflow design; you just might need to alter it a bit. Otherwise, if your case has great airflow anyway, fan direction shouldn't matter much. Make sure you are aware if your case actually has great airflow...just because the box or website says it does, that doesn't mean it's necessarily the truth.

Solution

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Thanks rubix! I'll take a look into that, but im guessing my best bet is to just mess around with the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.