Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FX-8350 and Hyper 212

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 16, 2013 2:16:46 AM

Hey guys,

I'm running an AMD FX-8350 and I'm cooling it with a Cooler Master Hyper 212. I am overclocked to 4.5ghz with the default Vcore and everything seems to be running excellent. A 30 minute run of Prime95 is showing cpu temps leveling off between 40C and 48C. Does this sound like a good safe range to be at?


James

More about : 8350 hyper 212

a b K Overclocking
January 16, 2013 1:02:40 PM

Yeah that temperature is perfectly good and safe
a c 280 K Overclocking
January 16, 2013 1:26:18 PM

Very good temps are you getting in that CPU, test the CPU for more time, two hours can give you a good idea of peak temps and stability.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 16, 2013 1:40:04 PM

saint19 said:
Very good temps are you getting in that CPU, test the CPU for more time, two hours can give you a good idea of peak temps and stability.


Thanks for the reply man. I'm getting that temp from hwmonitor and it's also showing the same thing in coretemp so I think I'm getting valid information. What would be the highest reported temperature that would be safe? I'm kind of nervous to let Prime95 tick away for 2 hours.

James
a c 280 K Overclocking
January 16, 2013 2:06:08 PM

55°C or max 60°C... above that I'd not go...
January 16, 2013 2:21:01 PM

So here is a screen shot from HwMonitor while running Prime95. I'm seeing 3 temperature sensors here. Can someone tell me what the 3 separate temps are?

http://i49.tinypic.com/md1nh2.jpg

James
January 18, 2013 9:01:40 PM

bump
January 18, 2013 9:29:41 PM

itsjames said:
Hey guys,

I'm running an AMD FX-8350 and I'm cooling it with a Cooler Master Hyper 212. I am overclocked to 4.5ghz with the default Vcore and everything seems to be running excellent. A 30 minute run of Prime95 is showing cpu temps leveling off between 40C and 48C. Does this sound like a good safe range to be at?


James


ur going by the core temp, go by the cpu temp and ull see that ur really not at 48 c ull be at around 70 c, cm 212 isnt good for a 8350 its to weak. cpu temp shouldnt go past 62, check ur cpu temp at load and tell me what it is ( not the core temp )
January 19, 2013 6:52:38 AM

diablo34life said:
ur going by the core temp, go by the cpu temp and ull see that ur really not at 48 c ull be at around 70 c, cm 212 isnt good for a 8350 its to weak. cpu temp shouldnt go past 62, check ur cpu temp at load and tell me what it is ( not the core temp )


Can you tell me which one of these is the CPU temp?
http://i49.tinypic.com/md1nh2.jpg

None of the sensors have names =X
January 19, 2013 8:02:37 PM

itsjames said:
Can you tell me which one of these is the CPU temp?
http://i49.tinypic.com/md1nh2.jpg

None of the sensors have names =X


lol... im not to sure, you might have an older vesion of hardware monitor because on mine i can easily tell my cpu, core, and motherboard temps. just download speed fan, it always gives the cpu temp instead of core temp.
a b K Overclocking
January 20, 2013 5:17:55 PM

I like to view my temps in the bios, take a note of the idle speed. then check that against whatever temp app your using.
!