Your question

System restarts during gameplay

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 1, 2010 8:33:59 AM

Hello,

I was playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter I the other day, when my PC automatically started restarting whenever I reached a certain point in the game. Apart from this, the PC is just perfect. Here is my PC config:
DG33FB mobo
2 gb Ram @ 800Mhz
Nvidia 9800 GT 1 GB Graphics card
450 watts powersupply

I dont know why this is happening..pls help.

More about : system restarts gameplay

March 1, 2010 1:21:22 PM

your overheating most likely. Get CPUz HWmonitor, let it run in the background when your playing the game, when you feel that your getting close to that part in the game where it shuts down, turn off the game, and look at the temps you generated. it will show you the Hottest temp that it got to.
m
l
a c 173 Î Nvidia
March 1, 2010 2:08:57 PM

What CPU do you have on that postage stamp of a mobo? And what make is that PSU? Have you OC'd anything? At what point in the game is this happening? I've played it and it was glitchy in places but I still loved it and the sequel.
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2010 4:23:15 AM

Mousemonkey said:
What CPU do you have on that postage stamp of a mobo? And what make is that PSU? Have you OC'd anything? At what point in the game is this happening? I've played it and it was glitchy in places but I still loved it and the sequel.

Hey,

The PSU is manufactured by Sparkle (its a taiwan based company)
The CPU is E6750 Core 2 duo 2.66 Mhz 1333 FSB

Btw, the system is behaving in a similar fashion for COD:MW2 the latest COD series. The system restarts the moment I'm about to get in the humvee. Its really annoying, please help...I'm thinking of giving up PC gaming because of this ongoing frustration. :( 

Last tempertaures recorded were :

CPU : 45-49 C
PSU: 59 C
m
l
March 8, 2010 10:40:11 PM

Wait, humvee in COD? Are you talking about Spec ops?
m
l
!