Sign in with
Your question

If removed sticker of xp product key from CPU how i recover my original product

Last response: in Windows XP
November 20, 2012 8:41:05 AM

We have purchased Dell / Lenovo systems with legal Os windows xp (preloaded) after long time CPU's sticker has been removed / damaged and system has been formated by pirated xp , Then how i recover my original XP product key.

Thanks!
a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 10:01:48 AM

you cannot
m
l
November 27, 2012 9:12:06 AM

There should be save product key ,Giving detail of PC information to vendor, Can it possible
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 27, 2012 9:39:59 AM

syhedau said:
There should be save product key ,Giving detail of PC information to vendor, Can it possible

Where the Dell is concerned, it's a remote possibility that entering the Service Tag reference into Dell's website and asking them for the Product Key might work but I have my doubts. Lenovo don't keep such good records as Dell.

That said, the OP would only be to reinstall using a Dell OEM XP CD. It's a lost cause really - and a cautionary tale to anyone considering buying pirated Windows software.
m
l
December 5, 2012 11:11:41 AM

I installed Windows proff. xp sp2 and suffer the print spooler service not working , manual i made stop /start and other possibility by me, I unable to solve this problem without formating pc. Can i solve this problem without format the pc. If possible how it will solve problem

Thanks and Warm Regards
Sanjay
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 5, 2012 11:31:43 AM

have you checked the event logs?

it might have info to solve the problem.

also have you installed SP3 and .NET, the printer might require .NET
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 5, 2012 5:26:14 PM

Another thought - if the printer is a Lexmark that needs a Service of its own - LexBCE, I think. Even if a system used to have a Lexmark, that Service will always be required to run its Dependency, Print Spooler, even if the new printer is another make.

m
l
!