Psu not powering graphics card

ok I got new psu for new card hooked it up and everything comp came on but graphics card didn't so I contacted the seller they sent me a new psu and tried it again still the same result why is the graphics card not being powered? it's not the card because it worked when I hooked old 550 watt psu into it. I don't think I would have that bad of luck to get two defective psu's. so why isn't this working? I have Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5, and card is PNY VCG98GTXPXPB GeForce 9800 GTX + Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDMI Support, VGA Support. is there a compadibility issue I'm not aware of?
2 answers Last reply
More about powering graphics card
  1. Does the psu power the rest of the rig well, ie, without the graphic card? Without any crashes?
  2. Your graphics card requires 2 6pin PCI-E connectors to be connected to it. Your PSU should have 4 PCI-E connectors. If you already have two connectors plugged into your card then try swapping the connectors in each possible combination. I doubt its your PSU since the Corsair unit is an excellent PSU. Post back with any results.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Components