Olympus c-750 firmware upgrade question

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 1, 2004 7:49:30 PM

I already asked this, but got no answer, so here goes again...

I upgraded the firmware on my 750, to include the pictbridge functionality.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/dow...

According to the readme, I would lose the option to select languages other than
English. This isn't a problem.

However, since I did the upgrade, the time, date, and lots (but not all) of
other settings are lost when I change the batteries. Even if I change them as
fast as I can... (I have 2 sets).

Is this normal? Should I really have to reset all the settings again.
(date,time,sounds,focus,startup).

--
Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 7:49:31 PM

I do NOT lose my settings when changing batteries.
IMHO, FWIW, redo the upgrade and, if the symptoms persist, check it out
professionally.

"Christopher Pollard" <xmastree@hotpop.com> wrote in message

> I already asked this, but got no answer, so here goes again...
>
> I upgraded the firmware on my 750, to include the pictbridge
> functionality.
>
> http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/dow...
>
> According to the readme, I would lose the option to select languages other
> than
> English. This isn't a problem.
>
> However, since I did the upgrade, the time, date, and lots (but not all)
> of
> other settings are lost when I change the batteries. Even if I change them
> as
> fast as I can... (I have 2 sets).
>
> Is this normal? Should I really have to reset all the settings again.
> (date,time,sounds,focus,startup).
>

> --
> Chris Pollard
>

> CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
> http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 2:02:39 PM

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:22:47 +0200, "g n p" <gpaleo@ath.forthnet.gr> wrote:

>I do NOT lose my settings when changing batteries.
>IMHO, FWIW, redo the upgrade and, if the symptoms persist, check it out
>professionally.

Redo the upgrade? that's a thought. but won't it realise that it's already at
the later level and refuse?

One way to find out I suppose.

Strangely it doesn't lose all the settings. My modes are still there, as is the
custom button (set to macro).
But the date and time are reset, as is the permanent AF, startup sound, button
sound (i turn them off) and the all reset (which I leave off.

--
Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
December 2, 2004 5:59:37 PM

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:02:39 +0800, Christopher Pollard <xmastree@hotpop.com>
wrote:

>One way to find out I suppose.

It said:

Current version: blah blah
New version: blah blah
You do not need to upgrade.

--
Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 5:59:38 PM

Stumped...........8-((

> On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:02:39 +0800, Christopher Pollard
> <xmastree@hotpop.com>
> wrote:
>
>>One way to find out I suppose.
>
> It said:
>
> Current version: blah blah
> New version: blah blah
> You do not need to upgrade.
>
> --
> Chris Pollard
>

> CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
> http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 12:37:03 PM

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:35:51 +0200, "g n p" <gpaleo@ath.forthnet.gr> wrote:

>Stumped...........8-((

Yeah, me too. I found there is a newer version, Nov 2004, so I installed that.
The install went fine, but the problem persists.

--
Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
!