Scary HDD Noise HELP!!!

jacobxtyler

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
It just started doing this today, and idk if its only when starting a new match in Blacklight Retribution or not because thats usually when it makes the noise, but my hdd is making this terrifying buzzing noise it it worries me. i managed to capture it once.

any ideas? :??:

heres the sound http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13389712/Memo.m4a

Solution
D
A hard drive making any new noise other than what it normally makes is a sure sign the drive is dying. Back up your data as soon as you can.
D

Deleted member 217926

A hard drive making any new noise other than what it normally makes is a sure sign the drive is dying. Back up your data as soon as you can.

Solution

jacobxtyler

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
whatttttt i just bought it :( like literally last week... does it have anything to do with the game at all? because its consistant on the fact it does it at the start of every new match...

D

Deleted member 217926

Hard drives are actually much more likely to fail in the first few weeks in my experience. If they survive that then they usually last 10 years or more.

jacobxtyler

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

well this is extremely disappointing. Im running seagates hdd test right now to see if it says its failing or not, apparently the only way they will exchange it is if there test says its failing :/ Thanks for your help guys.