Radeons & Thief3: Catalyst 4.8 fixes the flashing textures..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 28, 2004 3:25:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Beta Cat4.8 is out http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33771849 if you
want to give it a try!

rms
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 3:57:42 PM

rms wrote:

> Beta Cat4.8 is out http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33771849
> if you want to give it a try!
>
> rms

Huzzah! Shame it didn't come out before I finished the game, but anyway

| 1.16.3.1

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 4:18:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

How stable are these drivers?

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> Beta Cat4.8 is out http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33771849 if
you
> want to give it a try!
>
> rms

July 28, 2004 5:26:53 PM

Julian Knott left a note on my windscreen which said:

> How stable are these drivers?

Perosnally I have no idea how stable they are but although I'm keen to
get them on my system I'll wait for the official release.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 11:25:57 PM

"Julian Knott" <julianknott@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> How stable are these drivers?

Been running them for several days without a single problem - unlike the
4.4s that I had to use for Thief DS previously - those had a tendency to
freeze my system up randomly.
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:32:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Cheers, think I'll grab em.

"Monkee" <jerodequin@nospampleasesofthome.net> wrote in message

> "Julian Knott" <julianknott@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > How stable are these drivers?
>
> Been running them for several days without a single problem - unlike the
> 4.4s that I had to use for Thief DS previously - those had a tendency to
> freeze my system up randomly.

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 1:01:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

I tried the new Catalyst drivers and my framerate in Thief
visibly dropped: almost to a slideslow. After reverting to my
previous drivers, everything was fine again. So I'd be wary
of them.

P.
!