Radeons & Thief3: Catalyst 4.8 fixes the flashing textures..

Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Beta Cat4.8 is out http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33771849 if you
want to give it a try!

rms
6 answers Last reply
More about radeons thief3 catalyst fixes flashing textures
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    rms wrote:

    > Beta Cat4.8 is out http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33771849
    > if you want to give it a try!
    >
    > rms

    Huzzah! Shame it didn't come out before I finished the game, but anyway

    | 1.16.3.1

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    How stable are these drivers?

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    > Beta Cat4.8 is out http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33771849 if
    you
    > want to give it a try!
    >
    > rms

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Julian Knott left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > How stable are these drivers?

    Perosnally I have no idea how stable they are but although I'm keen to
    get them on my system I'll wait for the official release.
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Julian Knott" <julianknott@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > How stable are these drivers?

    Been running them for several days without a single problem - unlike the
    4.4s that I had to use for Thief DS previously - those had a tendency to
    freeze my system up randomly.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Cheers, think I'll grab em.

    "Monkee" <jerodequin@nospampleasesofthome.net> wrote in message

    > "Julian Knott" <julianknott@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > How stable are these drivers?
    >
    > Been running them for several days without a single problem - unlike the
    > 4.4s that I had to use for Thief DS previously - those had a tendency to
    > freeze my system up randomly.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    I tried the new Catalyst drivers and my framerate in Thief
    visibly dropped: almost to a slideslow. After reverting to my
    previous drivers, everything was fine again. So I'd be wary
    of them.

    P.

Games Catalyst IBM Video Games