Adaptor needed for this monitor?

A member of my family has windows 7 home premium, and would like to get a touch screen monitor for their pc, so their son can use the pc by touching the screen, as he does at his school. They have seen one, and I was wondering if they can just buy the monitor and plug it in, or do they need to buy anything extra? Is it easy to configure the desktop to use touchscreen?

Monitor is eeti 19" flat touch screen monitor.
2 answers Last reply
More about adaptor needed monitor
  1. I would talk to the IT dept at his school to find out what all needs to be done.
  2. To the best of my knowledge, touchscreens will require two connections to the computer. The first being a DVI-I or VGA connection for the video signal, and a USB interface for tactile feedback to the PC. I would imagine whichever touchscreen monitor you buy, it will come with the appropriate USB cable.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Windows 7 Touch-Screen Monitors Graphics