digital camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 1, 2004 3:08:19 PM

Like the spec of the latest benq cameras. especially the short start up
time and minimal shutter lag.
anybody out there who can give an opinion on quality? especially the
lens

More about : digital camera

December 1, 2004 3:08:20 PM

Which one?

"Maurice Hood" <mauriceed1935@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Like the spec of the latest benq cameras. especially the short start up
> time and minimal shutter lag.
> anybody out there who can give an opinion on quality? especially the
> lens

December 1, 2004 3:08:20 PM

Maurice Hood wrote:

> Like the spec of the latest benq cameras. especially the short start up
> time and minimal shutter lag.
> anybody out there who can give an opinion on quality? especially the
> lens

BenQ has been around a while.. The company was called Acer but changed it's
name to BenQ in the last year or so. They were never involved in camera
manufacturing. I think computers, printers and monitors were their forte.

The cameras aren't anything special. They're *very* simple pocket point and
shoot models that range from 0.31 megapixels to 5.0 megapixels. They'll work well
for casual snapshots, but they're not what you'd want to consider for serious
use.

I don't know if they're more reliable than the mainstream cameras such as
Nikon, Fuji, Canon, Oly etc... But for the price, if they fail, you can just
throw them away and buy a new one :-)

http://www.imaging-resource.com/MFR1.HTM?view=BenQ
December 1, 2004 5:27:01 PM

Maurice Hood wrote:
> Like the spec of the latest benq cameras. especially the short start
> up time and minimal shutter lag.
> anybody out there who can give an opinion on quality? especially the
> lens

What is a benq camera????

If you are talking about the recent dSLRs then my opinion is they are
worth it and I back that up because I bought one, the Canon 20D. It is
everything it claims to be.

Since it is an interchangeable lens camera and does not come with a
specific lens, the lens question depends on the lens choice. It can vary
from mid poor to outstanding.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 5:58:33 PM

"Maurice Hood" <mauriceed1935@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> Like the spec of the latest benq cameras. especially the short start up
> time and minimal shutter lag.
> anybody out there who can give an opinion on quality? especially the
> lens

This is a little like asking tech-lingo questions you would would normally
ask about an Indy-500 car, only asking it about a go-cart some kids made
with a weedeater motor.

benq in general makes it's sales based on price and nothing else, and as
usual you get what you pay for.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 10:10:32 PM

"YoYo" <_> wrote in message news:10qrg5f96k2omf1@corp.supernews.com