Windows wont install, hangs at splash page on boot

Thecheatisnotdead

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hello,

I regularly clean and reinstall windows on my computer, but this time it won't work. I am trying to upgrade my system from 32 bit to 64 bit, and when I try to boot ( from DVD or flash drive) it gets to the windows splash page but never gives the option to install. It's just the mouse on a blue background.

I've done everything I can think of, even downloaded a pirated version to see if it would make a difference! I'm at wits end. Help please!

Thecheatisnotdead

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
That's the point though- my legitimate version won't work, so i tested an illegitimate one. Obviously that didn't work either.

I'm simply trying to say that I thoroughly troubleshooted. I am not trying to endorse or condone it.

What I am encountering is a legitimate problem. please, any help would be appreciated.

Thecheatisnotdead

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
After more research, the only conclusion I can draw is that it's a hardware compatibility issue.

I have tried 32, and 64 bit, booting from DVD, USB, legitimate, illegitimate, modifying files with cmd.exe, using the Windows 7 USB download tool, disconnecting hardware, turning off USB, messing with BIOS, and absolutely NOTHING changes.