Sign in with
Your question

Msi overvolting will it be alright if i dont overclock it

Last response: in Overclocking
January 17, 2013 12:03:32 PM

Hello, will my MSI gtx 660 ti, the overvoltage one, be ok if i dont overclock it? like does it only over volt if you try to clock the volts higher or is it released standard with the overvolting done to it?

The reason I ask is coz i've read some issues with the overvolting story so I just want some clarity on it all.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 17, 2013 12:25:34 PM

If you over clock, you often have to increase the voltage to the over clocked components to keep them stable. Think of it like this, the harder you work, the more food you need. The harder a component works, the more voltage it needs and the more heat it generates.

If the card came over-voltaged that means that at the factory, they ginned up the settings a bit make it perform better. In that case, no you don’t have to do anything, game on.
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2013 8:45:39 AM

Detherock said:
Hello, will my MSI gtx 660 ti, the overvoltage one, be ok if i dont overclock it? like does it only over volt if you try to clock the volts higher or is it released standard with the overvolting done to it?

The reason I ask is coz i've read some issues with the overvolting story so I just want some clarity on it all.

if your card is one of the ones that MSI messed with i would ring them up, and request a fresh card, the overvolt that MSI put on the cards is one that can drastically shorten lifetime
!