Review Final Build Please

Read some reviews, did some research, and came up with these parts for my build. I have been out of the loop with computer hardware for a few years but I think this all works. If there is any incompatible parts or if anyone has reccomendations, feel free to let me know. I know I want the CPU and GPU I have chosen for sure. Thanks

CPU: Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail
Mobo: ASUS P7P55D-E LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM - Retail
Case: COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
GPU: SAPPHIRE TOXIC 100282TXSR Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail
PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 600W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
Optical: Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - OEM
HSF: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 compatible RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm "heatpipe direct contact" Long life sleeve CPU Cooler - Retail

Total: $1,086.93

Like I said, any reccomendations are welcome, but im more or less making sure everything goes together and will run well!

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about review final build please
  1. If you want to crossfire then you have chosen the wrong motherboard and you can get better PSUs. Otherwise it's fine, altho it would be nice to be able to get a really good 500W PSU for cheaper than that Cooler Master, which either isn't going to happen or will be hard to find.
    This one is what I think of as a much better PSU and it is the same price: Antec EarthWatts EA650 $90 This one actually has enough amps on it's 12V rails for it to be able to crossfire 5850s.
  2. I don't plan on crossfire, and I really dont plan on spending any money to upgrade this until I need to do a new build.

The one part I was unsure of was the PSU. That one is 600W (and maxes out at 700W), is that overkill? I like how it's modular, and reviews say it is very quiet and good quality. Should I switch, or leave it as is?
  3. Also, I may do a bit of overclocking, will that motherboard be alright for me? Is it known for being a decent motherboard or anything? Thanks a lot!
  4. Yea, the PSU you chose will be fine for non-crossfire setups. And the board should be absolutely fine.
  5. Build looks good. PSU is fine for the build but personally I would prefer a higher quality unit. The 5850 Toxic has been creeping up in price, but you may as well buy it now because I don't think it's coming down anytime soon.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems