January 17, 2013 3:02:37 PM

using i7 3770K with cooler master v6 gt on sabertooth z77

bclk frequency = 100
CPU voltage @ 1.240
DDR volts @ 1.500
CPU ratio 45 / it's @ 4500 mhz

CPU pll voltage = 1.80000 ()

otherthing are normal ..

I did the test with prime95 for more than 1 hour and max tem was around 83* C lowest to 67* C

More about : overclocking ghz stable

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 17, 2013 4:46:27 PM

Well I think the tjmax is 105c on that cpu so you should keep 20c under that which would put you right on the limit,
Giving that prime95 will give you a max temperature that you will not see in every day use I would say your safe, are you using a good cooler or just stock
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 2:18:30 AM

those temps are high.

reseat the cooler after cleaning off and reapplying the thermal paste.
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 3:12:58 AM

you need to test for 24 hours of prime or use intel burn test.
m
l
January 18, 2013 3:22:19 AM

you can not ask if it is stable, prime 95 will tell you. Run prime 95 for 24 hours minimum. You might want to try lowering those temps too. Try lowering the voltage just a bit. That will lower the temps. but if you lower it too much, the processor will become unstable. Its all about finding the right balance.

If the cpu is unstable, and the voltage is too much for your cooler to handle, you might have to lower the overclock. Hope this helped
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 3:40:15 AM

Anonymous said:
those temps are high.

reseat the cooler after cleaning off and reapplying the thermal paste.

those temps are high but not dangerous. nor will reseating the heatsink help any if at all. It MIGHT but thats a normal temp for these chips.

footlong96 said:
you need to test for 24 hours of prime or use intel burn test.

in my experience only 1-3 hours of prime is needed. any instability after that prime will not find but games or other apps will. 24 hours of prime is useless and you can still have instabilities after that.

m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 4:13:40 AM

cbrunnem said:
those temps are high but not dangerous. nor will reseating the heatsink help any if at all. It MIGHT but thats a normal temp for these chips.

any temp above 75c will shorten the life expectancy of the cpu; not dangerous but ought to be avoided. getting 83c with an aftermarket heatsink is a sign that it is not properly installed.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 2:13:20 PM

Anonymous said:
any temp above 75c will shorten the life expectancy of the cpu; not dangerous but ought to be avoided. getting 83c with an aftermarket heatsink is a sign that it is not properly installed.

Those are normal and fine temps. I7 laptops run those temps their whole life so so can desktop cpus.
m.tomshardware.com/reviews/ivy-bridge-benchmark-core-i7-3770k,3181-9.html
Edit
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ivy-bridge-benchmar...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 3:36:04 PM

Anonymous said:

I agree with you that although they may be able to handle that beat I would not like to leave it as its the max upper limit but I don't think his using an aftermarket cooler
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 5:28:54 PM

kiezz said:
I agree with you that although they may be able to handle that beat I would not like to leave it as its the max upper limit but I don't think his using an aftermarket cooler

Quote:

those temps are not right, they are higher than with a 130 watt overclocked i7-920 :

m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 5:38:56 PM

Anonymous said:
Quote:

those temps are not right, they are higher than with a 130 watt overclocked i7-920 :
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2165/tempss.png

are we kidding right now??? this is not an i7 920 its a 3770k. its going to get different temps. i even showed you a direct comparision of the same cpu with a very similar clock speed.
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 5:41:09 PM

cbrunnem said:
are we kidding right now??? this is not an i7 920 its a 3770k. its going to get different temps. i even showed you a direct comparision of the same cpu with a very similar clock speed.

of course the temps would be different, a 920 would be HOTTER!

edit: you link to temps with a stock heatsink . . . not a CM v6
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 5:51:04 PM

Anonymous said:
of course the temps would be different, a 920 would be HOTTER!

edit: you link to temps with a stock heatsink . . . not a CM v6

neither of that is true. it is an aftermarket heatsink. i know that for a fact because if it was a stock heatsink 80*c would be extremely cold for that cooler and for a 4.7 overclock. a hyper 212+ has trouble getting better temps at that overclock.
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 6:14:42 PM

cbrunnem said:
neither of that is true. it is an aftermarket heatsink. i know that for a fact because if it was a stock heatsink 80*c would be extremely cold for that cooler and for a 4.7 overclock. a hyper 212+ has trouble getting better temps at that overclock.

and again there was no CM hyper 212+ listed in those temps in your link.
Test Setup And Benchmarks
just different thermal paste:
Thermal Paste Zalman ZM-STG1

m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 6:22:19 PM

i have a 2600k which is the same as the 2700k. i have ran it at 4.7 ghz with a stock cooler, 212+, nh-d14, and a custom water cooler. i have a pretty good idea of temp ranges each level of cpu cooler can produce and THOSE temps are not produced by the stock cooler.
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2013 6:58:25 PM

cbrunnem said:
i have a 2600k which is the same as the 2700k. i have ran it at 4.7 ghz with a stock cooler, 212+, nh-d14, and a custom water cooler. i have a pretty good idea of temp ranges each level of cpu cooler can produce and THOSE temps are not produced by the stock cooler.

ok, if you want to say that "in your experience" those temps do not seem to be the result of a stock cooler, sure.

but to claim what cooler was used when there is non listed is not correct.
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:09:41 AM

I'm so sorry guys for replying so late... been busy with my tight study schedule .. mostly I'm into gaming so temp never goes even 70 (with Cm v6 gt) with extreme test it touches 83 max but it doesn't remains on it .. plus did the test for about 3 or so hours and everything was doing good ... want to know should I disable Enhanced Intel Speedstep and weather by this overclocking my CPU life reduces by much ?

thanks a lot : ) guys
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:13:44 AM

I read a official overclocking guide for sabertooth and i7 3770K , they said during extreme test i may go as high as 90 but thats alright .. because that's the worst case scenario .. but I'll try resetting the cooler once again ..i want to keep the temps low as possible .. thank you : )
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
January 24, 2013 1:59:30 PM

I recommend leaving speedstep on, otherwise you use a lot more power.
m
l
!