Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 Keyboard?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 31, 2004 2:22:59 AM

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 that I need to replace
the keyboard in. I am going to be ordering the replacement
keyboard later this week but I was wondering if anyone knew
how to get the old one out so I could put the new one in
myself and save $150. (The system's out of warranty anyways.)

I need the laptop in about ~3 weeks for a trip, and this
external membrane keyboard I am using right now is so
frustrating to use it makes me want to murder nuns wholesale.

Can anyone out there provide some help?

(if you reply via e-mail please put the newsgroup in the
subject, thank you)

-Chris
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 31, 2004 4:53:38 AM

Replacement keyboards are usually $50 to $120 from Toshiba, possibly
less on E-Bay.

I have no service literature on that model, but many Toshiba models have
a "trim strip" above or below the keyboard that snaps out, then you can
remove the keyboard (most commonly with 4 screws). The flex cable from
the keyboard goes to a ZIF ("zero insertion force") socket on the
motherboard, you MUST unlock the socket to remove or insert a cable into
it. If you don't, you will ruin the cable.

!