Mobo that supports Phenom II X2 560?

Has anyone had success finding a motherboard that can support a Phenom II X2 560 without needing to update the BIOS?

It seems that every board I find, lists a new BIOS update under the CPU support for this specific processor.

Ideally I would like to find one that supports it right out of the box, as I do not have an old AM3 CPU I can use to update the BIOS on a new board.

What would also be ideal is finding one that does not require me to pawn a kidney in order to pay for it. (Preferably below $160)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about mobo supports phenom
  1. Hi BenderRL and welcome to Tom's forum.

I think that you will not find anyone, since all the CPU's relased after the 1090T needs a BIOS update to work in the 7xx and 8xx series.
  2. I was afraid that might be the case. I have heard the same on other tech forums as well. I was hoping someone here might know of an instance where it was not required, but I guess I will just have to RMA my board and have MSI flash the BIOS for me.

This situation has definitely taught me the wisdom of waiting a bit longer to buy new tech.
  3. You can go to a local store, maybe they can help you with another CPU to update the BIOS.
  4. Yeah, I thought of that but after some research I came to the conclusion that they charge a bit to much for my taste. MSI will do it for free, I just have to pay shipping (which I get a steep discount on through work) and they will also test to make sure the board is good as well.

Thanks for the advice though.
  5. You are right, MSI is free and tested.

Let me know if you need more help ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS Support Phenom