Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal vista i cannot turn on my computer!

xiran

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Hi.
I got this error [Blue Screen] with that message on it while i was drawing today. My computer restarted [Dell XPS 1530, widows vista home premium, 3BG] and tried to boot up.

A completely white screen popped up and slowly turned black, and you can see a bit of the screen that I was drawing on remaining. That's all that happens. Windows won't start up, even if I wait 5-10 minutes. What do I do? No matter how many times I restart, this repeats. I have important programs and files, and ... stuff.

I tried the Fn+N thing. after pressing N, i got lots of random colors, just popping up. very basic colors and it gives no effect. same thing happens;
white screen-->black screen

I'm on my other computer right now...

Quick info:
From blue screen : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA
Dell XPS 1530
3BG
Was digitally painting before the crash.
Cannot get diagnostic screen to open. simply turn on computer -->white screen-->fades into black.

I've been told that my video card could have "been shot" or destroyed; whatever. If that's the case, what can I do to fix it'?

xiran

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

sorry; i'm a fully fledged idiot [OTL]
Are you saying that I need to get a new video card? Meaning that I should get that thing with the fan and all?
How could i use my integrated GP{U if I can't see anything.... should i try to connect it to an external monitor? I'm so stupid... D:

and... how can i tell if the interrupted request thing has conflicts...? sorry

Ok, you need to stay out of BIOS.

connect.jpg

Do you have slots that look like the [VIDEO_CARD]

xiran

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

When i turn the computer on, the boot up screen doesn't pop up. It doesn't say like "Dell xps" and the bar that says that its loading isn't there. F8 has no effect on either monitor even if I hold the button down or repeatedly press it.

xiran

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

i didn't take anything out of my laptop. what do i need to take out/where can I find it?.... and how...
/n00b for the moment

xiran

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

yeah; dell xps 1530 -shot-
oh mai gawd.... D: do you have any other ideas, by any chance?
-quietly follows-

xiran

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

ah. thanks for the tips. i'll try my best. I've been getting blue screens since 2 years ago. Is there a way that i can move my programs onto a portable hard drive? I paid for some of them, and.... I'm really against going after paying some more... Also, my ipod's registered there. if i get a new computer will I be able to still update songs?

xiran

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

kay. thank you v. much <3