Sign in with
Your question

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal vista i cannot turn on my computer!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 1, 2010 9:54:06 PM

Hi.
I got this error [Blue Screen] with that message on it while i was drawing today. My computer restarted [Dell XPS 1530, widows vista home premium, 3BG] and tried to boot up.

A completely white screen popped up and slowly turned black, and you can see a bit of the screen that I was drawing on remaining. That's all that happens. Windows won't start up, even if I wait 5-10 minutes. What do I do? No matter how many times I restart, this repeats. I have important programs and files, and ... stuff.

I tried the Fn+N thing. after pressing N, i got lots of random colors, just popping up. very basic colors and it gives no effect. same thing happens;
white screen-->black screen

I'm on my other computer right now...

Quick info:
From blue screen : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA
Dell XPS 1530
3BG
Was digitally painting before the crash.
Cannot get diagnostic screen to open. simply turn on computer -->white screen-->fades into black.

I've been told that my video card could have "been shot" or destroyed; whatever. If that's the case, what can I do to fix it'?
March 1, 2010 9:58:51 PM

Use your mobo's integrated GP{U, or get a low profile HD5450 as a replacement.

Go into your BIOS and see if there are any IRQ conflicts.
If not, boot up into safe mode, uninstall drivers. Boot out of safe mode, reinstall drivers.
March 1, 2010 10:06:22 PM

shadow187 said:
Use your mobo's integrated GP{U, or get a low profile HD5450 as a replacement.

Go into your BIOS and see if there are any IRQ conflicts.
If not, boot up into safe mode, uninstall drivers. Boot out of safe mode, reinstall drivers.

sorry; i'm a fully fledged idiot [OTL]
Are you saying that I need to get a new video card? Meaning that I should get that thing with the fan and all?
How could i use my integrated GP{U if I can't see anything.... should i try to connect it to an external monitor? I'm so stupid... D:

and... how can i tell if the interrupted request thing has conflicts...? sorry
Related resources
March 1, 2010 10:09:21 PM

Ok, you need to stay out of BIOS.

Do you have slots that look like the [VIDEO_CARD]
March 1, 2010 10:33:25 PM

Hook up your monitor to that, see if it works.
March 1, 2010 10:43:11 PM

shadow187 said:
Hook up your monitor to that, see if it works.

other monitor says that it's
"out of range"
March 1, 2010 10:47:03 PM

When it's booting up, repeatedly press f8 until another screen pops up. Just keep hitting it. Select VGA mode.
March 1, 2010 10:53:18 PM

shadow187 said:
When it's booting up, repeatedly press f8 until another screen pops up. Just keep hitting it. Select VGA mode.

When i turn the computer on, the boot up screen doesn't pop up. It doesn't say like "Dell xps" and the bar that says that its loading isn't there. F8 has no effect on either monitor even if I hold the button down or repeatedly press it.
March 1, 2010 10:58:13 PM

Did you take out the graphics card while the card is plugged into the integrated GPU?
March 1, 2010 11:02:49 PM

shadow187 said:
Did you take out the graphics card while the card is plugged into the integrated GPU?

i didn't take anything out of my laptop. what do i need to take out/where can I find it?.... and how...
/n00b for the moment
March 1, 2010 11:04:36 PM

This thing is a laptop?
Wow I need to read more; disregard pretty much everything I've posted.

Laptop hardware issues are most always fatal; start praying you have warranty still.

Allow me to jump off a cliff.
March 1, 2010 11:07:28 PM

shadow187 said:
This thing is a laptop?
Wow I need to read more; disregard pretty much everything I've posted.

Laptop hardware issues are most always fatal; start praying you have warranty still.

Allow me to jump off a cliff.

yeah; dell xps 1530 -shot-
oh mai gawd.... D: do you have any other ideas, by any chance?
-quietly follows-
March 1, 2010 11:09:07 PM

-sighs-

I donno mate. IRQ has something, if I recall correctly, to do with the numbers your computer assigns hardware. Each hardware has a unique IRQ. Your was misassigned due to a bad driver, or the OS/RAM got corrupted.
March 1, 2010 11:15:36 PM

shadow187 said:
-sighs-

I donno mate. IRQ has something, if I recall correctly, to do with the numbers your computer assigns hardware. Each hardware has a unique IRQ. Your was misassigned due to a bad driver, or the OS/RAM got corrupted.

ah. thanks for the tips. i'll try my best. I've been getting blue screens since 2 years ago. Is there a way that i can move my programs onto a portable hard drive? I paid for some of them, and.... I'm really against going after paying some more... Also, my ipod's registered there. if i get a new computer will I be able to still update songs?
March 1, 2010 11:23:19 PM

You should read the owner's manual. Should give you an idea of how to remove the hard drive, and, from there, you can hook it up to another computer to back it up.
March 1, 2010 11:24:12 PM

shadow187 said:
You should read the owner's manual. Should give you an idea of how to remove the hard drive, and, from there, you can hook it up to another computer to back it up.

kay. thank you v. much <3
!