Well, after Doom 3 I guess no one will ever complain about Thief 3 load
times. Yowsa.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Michael Cecil wrote:

> Well, after Doom 3 I guess no one will ever complain about Thief 3 load
> times. Yowsa.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

That bad? Is Doom 3 out yet, legally anyway?

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 01:55:32 GMT, "Albert R. Conklin"
<aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote:

>Michael Cecil wrote:
>
>> Well, after Doom 3 I guess no one will ever complain about Thief 3 load
>> times. Yowsa.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Cecil
>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
>
> That bad? Is Doom 3 out yet, legally anyway?

Yes, very bad. Think Thief 3 then multiply by 5.
Yes, some pre-orders have gone out. I was surprised they were going on
sale before QuakeCon2004 actually.

--

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Well, after Doom 3 I guess no one will ever complain about Thief 3 load
> times. Yowsa.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

strange - the load times are no slower or shorter than on Thief 3 for me
(i.e not particularly long!)

Michael Cecil wrote:
> Well, after Doom 3 I guess no one will ever complain about Thief 3 load
> times. Yowsa.

It can't be worse than Thief 2 on a 266MHz Pentium 2 with 64Meg 66MHz
Ram and a 4800rpm hd which I still had back then - minutes !

But of course we don't wanna go through something like this again.

I finally bought T3 and it seems to run fine with the patch on 1.47GHz
overclocked AMD Athlon Thunderbird 512 MB and a 128MB Ati 9800Pro.

This in 800x600 but with everything on highest detail except Bloom
turned off. Even the Catalyst drivers are older than recommended (just
bought the card retail) but no problems.

Now back to level 2.

Barnaby

--
Democracy has yet to be achieved.

Tim

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Well, after Doom 3 I guess no one will ever complain about Thief 3 load
> times. Yowsa.

AFAIK, Doom 3 won't let you to return to previous maps so the total "time
out" period doesn't seem as bad..