Your question

Our Website Won't Load Consistently

Tags:
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
February 1, 2010 6:59:24 AM

Hi Toms Hardware,

Got a problem that's been nagging our project for awhile now:

More than 4 months ago, we transfered servers to GoDaddy.com, including three domain names: www.lindens.cn, www.linden-centre.com, and www.linden-center.com.

All three addresses seem to load without issue, 60-70% of the time. However, almost every day, there is a time where none of the address will work, and the website is unresponsive. The error on my browser (tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE) is as follows:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

This has happened in both China and America, no matter the computer or access point. Customers have assumed at times that our website 'has been down'. Obviously, I need to remedy this as soon as possible. This has been happening for about a month now or more, with no memorable changes made before that time frame, though we are constantly tweaking the site all the time. GoDaddy.com has reported three times to me that they cannot find anything wrong with the site.

Even if you are unable to recreate the problem, I assure you it is persistent, and continues to happen. Does anyone have a solution or more knowledgeable explanation of what's going on? Any help or wisdom would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Adrian

More about : website load consistently

February 2, 2010 12:50:28 AM

Strange part is, if it doesn't load the first time, usually a string of numbers appear after the address, e.g. www.linden-centre.com/?359f30b20. If I hit refresh enough times, the website will eventually load.

Any ideas?
m
l
!