I'm thinking of buying a new 'board

G

I'm thinking of upgrading my motherboard so I can get some overclocking done. I've been assured that this (exact) chip can do 3.0GHz on stock volts but that would mean having a ~429MHz base clock. I'd also like to run the RAM at 1066MHz which I am sure it can do. So what I need in the motherboard is:

■Good overclocking capabilities for both CPU and RAM
■Wide choice of FSB:RAM ratios
■SLI would be nice but not required
■More than 4 rear USB ports (8+ ideally)
■USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s would also be nice but I don't mind about them

Those are the main things I can think of which I don't have now but would be nice to have.

I don't have any brand loyalty really. I'm not actually sure which chipset I'd like. I'm thinking P45 or X38 or X48.

As for price, I will try and look used so the new price might not matter that much. I'll just say that I'm looking for a "mid-priced" motherboard or something. Just suggest boards that you think suit what I need, really.

Cheers

EDIT: I forgot to mention that whenever I get an unstable overclock on my current board I have to open up the case and move over the CMOS jumper. In my AMD motherboard (MSI 785GM-E51) it simply tells you on screen that the overclock was unstable and then allows you to enter the setup. You also don't lose any of your settings if you've saved them in one of the 5 user setting saves.

Something like that would be really great.

G