Sign in with
Your question

HD 5750 shown as HD 4600 Series in DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 2, 2010 1:24:07 AM

Hi, so as the title says, my HD 5750 video card is being shown as an HD 4600 Series when I run dxdiag (DirectX Diagnostic Tool)
Why is that and how do I fix it? Considering this is a DirectX diagnostic tool and that an HD 4670 (my previous graphics card, I forgot to mention) only has up to DirectX 10.1 capabilities, does that mean that my HD 5750 only currently has my HD 4670's DirectX capabilities (10.1)?
Someone please help! Im confused and anxious to figure out and fix the problem. :bounce: 
March 19, 2010 9:58:22 PM

It is kind of simple, really! You installed the card on the same computer the old car was on but the driver was for the old card and now the computer thinks that the 5750 is your old card. All you have to do is remove the drivers and install the correct ones, though you could just install Windows 7 and since the drivers don't affect a new OS if you installed on the old OS then Win 7 will find the correct drivers without you having to touch anything. Remember DirectX 11 is only for Win 7, so without 7 it really won't affect you.
m
l
March 20, 2010 7:00:32 AM

Someguy121 said:
It is kind of simple, really! You installed the card on the same computer the old car was on but the driver was for the old card and now the computer thinks that the 5750 is your old card. All you have to do is remove the drivers and install the correct ones, though you could just install Windows 7 and since the drivers don't affect a new OS if you installed on the old OS then Win 7 will find the correct drivers without you having to touch anything. Remember DirectX 11 is only for Win 7, so without 7 it really won't affect you.

I just formatted my computer all over again with windows 7 (already had it).. and I tried to remove my old drivers several times and just wouldn't be successful anyways (Driver Sweeper, Driver Cleaner).
m
l
March 20, 2010 7:01:39 AM

Now, I have it reporting as HD 5700 series. Im happy again :)  Too bad this thing ain't a powerhouse. I'll be need a 5850 for gaming uses soon. Even at low resolution its still not all that great when trying to run things completely maxed out.
m
l
!