Need help!

my sys:
Pentium D-Dual core 3.0GHZ 4MB Cache.800 bus
Motherboard- Gigabyte eg45m-ud2h.
Ram-2GB DDRII 800 bus
PCI EXPRESS- Nvidia 8500 GT 512MB

if i upgrade my processor into core 2 quad. than can i play games faster than presents sys??
answers
Last reply
More about need help
  1. No matter what you upgrade it to its gonna play games faster. Also consider upgrading graphics card.
  2. Your first upgrade should be the GPU the 8500 GT is not a good card for gaming even when it was new it wasnt a good gaming card.

Second upgrade would be to a Quad core.

Third would be another 2GB of RAM

But I would go for the GPU first.

Look for a ATI HD 5770 or better or if you tight on budget go for a little older card like an HD 4850 or better. Without a better GPU it is pointless to upgrade the processor and until you can upgrade OC the Pentium D as high as you can go it should be able to do at least 3.6GHZ or better no problem just whatch temps.
  3. if i buy core 2 duo & 5770. can it serve 4-5 years playing games & multitasking without a problem??
  4. Don't go for the Core 2 Duo, go quad-core and the GPU. Should be OK. I just upgraded my sys to a quad-core and 5750 hopefully for 5 years.
  5. doive1231 said:
    Don't go for the Core 2 Duo, go quad-core and the GPU. Should be OK. I just upgraded my sys to a quad-core and 5750 hopefully for 5 years.

ok. thanks.
  6. doive1231 said:
    Don't go for the Core 2 Duo, go quad-core and the GPU. Should be OK. I just upgraded my sys to a quad-core and 5750 hopefully for 5 years.

whats about i3? evybody told this is not good. why?? core 2 quad launch 07. i3 2010. whats is prob?
  7. i3 is a dual core processor.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs