Trying to OC Fx-8350 but Prime tests always freeze my pc

Hello guys, i am new into the overclocking, i need to squeeze more of my Fx-8350 cause what i have is not enought:

My specs are:

CPU: Amd Vishera fx-8350
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 2x = 16GB
Timing 9-9-9-24
Cas Latency 9
Voltage 1.5V
MB: Asus Sabertooth FX990
GPU: Nvidia GTX 570 Fermi (ASUS)
My cooling is Corsair H100 (2 vents) (watercooling)
Case: Coolermasters CM690II ( 2 fans on top exhaust, 2 fans left panel inhaust, 1 fan right side inhaust, 1 fan front panel inhaust, 1 fan backside exhaust, 2 fans bottom blowing air up trought the case).

Yesterday i treid to OC my PC after ive read guides for a few hours but i failed, the steps i took are these:
Step 1

1. I setted RAM CAS timing , ram voltage like the manufacturer says and set them to T2
2. All speeds except RAM i setted them to Auto (Hyper Transport, NB)
3. All my voltages were on Auto except memory.
4. Disabled all auto OC, like OC tuner, Cool and quiet ,etc.

Step 2
1. I kept raising the multiplier by 0.5 each time and i recorded the voltage change that was automatic on the CPU. I kept raising it and recorded the voltage till it stoped booting and that was my breakpoint (24.5 Multiplier at 1.404 Voltage) 4915Hertz on CPU.
2. I went into bios and manually set voltage to 1 step higher and that was 1416 Volt on the CPU, and it booted into windows.
3. I started 3dmark06 i tested CPU , and i got a score of 7600.
4. I started Prime95 and i tried the small test -> BSOD
5. I went back to bios and got the multiplier down by 0.5 so i was running at 4.8Ghz on CPU at 1416 Volt, i booted and tried to run Prime95 , now when i click start test on small or any other the PC Freezes i cant do anything.
6. I tought its the RAM so i went to bios and i set the RAM Frequency lower, i tried from 1600Mhz down to 866 Mhz and also i tried with different timmings i tried to tighten them from 9/9/9/24 to 8/9/8/24. But Prime still crashes the system when 3Dmark passes the CPU tests....

NOTE: The following CPU settings were enabled:
Spread Spectrum: ON
CPU load line calibration: Auto (Regular)
CPU-NB Load line Calibration: Auto (Regular)
Cpu Power base Control: Standard
Cpu Power Duty Control: T.Probe Thermal

What am i doing wrong.....? WIth the H100 cooling and this case (yes i have cable management and cables are not flying in the case) + all the extra fans i am hoping to hit stable at 4.8GHZ.....

Thank you for all the help i appreciate it!
1 answer Last reply
More about trying 8350 prime tests freeze
  1. Try and set it back to stock and run prime95. If it runs no problem then it was your overclock. If it still freezes then its another component.
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Overclocking