How do I completely restore computer to factory default settings Acer aspire 575

ypsichick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hello,
I have the original discs supplied to me by acer, had to zero out the new HDD because their tech didn't know what they were doing. So now how do I and what is the partition size?
acer aspire 5750-completely restore computer to factory default settings on new HDD what is the % of OS partition size (100% is default) but 100gb is minimum for windows (about 40%)

Try this How to recovery your system from bootup

Locate the Alt key, to the left of the space bar, and F10, on the top row of keys.
Power the system on.
When the system is powered on, tap the Alt and F10 keys together at the same time when the Acer splash screen appears.
It should state "Please wait a moment..." with the Acer logo in the upper left hand corner.
At the eRecovery Management menu it will ask you how to restore.
Click on the restore option you would like to use.

ypsichick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

Acer Aspire 5750 - 320 gb HDD, have Acer system discs, do you know the partition size I should use? minimum for windows is 100gb - that is about 40% of the 320 gb HDD the remaining will be data... or do I leave it at 100% ?

U can make a 60GB partition as well. Unless u have many large games installed, there is no need to go bigger. It is fine for most users. and use the other partition for documents and storage. Its good to separate them from the OS system files.

That is a very debated personal opinion!
I myself like to keep windows on one partition and everything else on another partition.
I even move the my documents folder there also.
That way if I have to wipe windows and reinstall all of my data is on another partition.
typos

ypsichick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

So 60gb is not a problem even if 100gb is recommended for windows 7? I dont run games at all. (unless you count solitaire?) :D

ypsichick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

I dont have a problem to partition the HDD, what I want to know if I should follow the recommened 100gb for windows or what Nikorr recommended of 60gb, since I do not run games?

U can make it on the 300GB partition too, but u are missing the point here. If mix it together, u will have a lots of fragmentation, so u will have to defrag often.

If u will get corrupted data on the system, your documents are safe. U can just re-image the system or re-install and not to worry about loosing the data and have slower system.

Also to defrag the 50GB takes a lot time to do it than 100GB.

And if it was me, I would do 60GB system, 35GB for small files(smaller than 3MB) and rest for music and video and .......

ypsichick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
the choice is by percentage, (20% gives me a partition of 56gb) there is also my concern that there wont be enough allocation for the ms office starter that is also on the installation disc. It is afterall "Completely Restore Computer to factory Default Settings" and the recommendation is 100gb for windows...?

It is more than enough for most people, even with full MS office,

CS5.5 Master Collection, Maya, and ..... 56gb will still do fine with all that : )

And u could increase the size later as well.