Which r the Best Gaming PCs n GPUs for High End Games????

pratjoehahn

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
HEy guys my dad has a cybercafe with computer with following specifications:

1GB RAM,Intel Dual Core PRocessor 2.60 Ghz,NVIDIA 8400GS GPU , 14.8 inch LCD monitor , ASUS P5 KPLAM/PS
motherboard.

I have games like - BUrnout PAradise ,GTA san Andreas, Crysis(have to run with lowest specs), Crysis Warhead(not installed yet!!),NFS most wanted (works fine),NFS carbon (works fine), Counter strike 1.6.

My Burnout Paradise crashed after 2 minutes into the game on one PC(with low level of detail and high res)
when i tried it on another pc it ran properly until i tried to chane my car(first blue one) into a better version by going into the wreck house or something). it crashed.

I started it again worked fine but still lags a bit.

Should I upgrade my GPU? or my RAM ..... processor .....??????PLZ HELP.

I am trying to bring a ASUS ARES soon for my personal use but i wont get good service here as it is liquid cooled.Should I bring it or not? Or a assembled computer is better???? Give some specificaions which can run all HIGH RES games like Assasin's Creed 2 . PLZ Help A.S.A.P. Thank you

pratjoehahn

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks Dude but I dont like ATI bcoz all its GPUs r not available here.And mine is of MSI but has NVIDIA logo on it with 8400 GS written on its box.that's a bit confusing . I think it has PCB of MSI but the main chipset of NVIDIA.

And anyway what about ARES .... is it better or a assembled computer??????

Cheers

pratjoehahn

An ATI card will run just fine on a motherboard with an Nvidia chipset.
You will definitely want more ram. 1gb is very low for a current gaming machine. The 8400GS is also very poor for gaming. The HD5770 was probably the best recommendation but if you really want to buy Nvidia look for a GTS 250 or GTX 260.

shubham1401

Distinguished
I don't think a 14.8Inch LCD needs a 5770 to game.

Indeed your GPU is the limiting factor.

Which PSU do you have?

I would suggest a HD5670 for your rig.ATI cards are better than nVidia's at the moment.
But if you can't find one then get a 9600GT(I assume you've a cheap PSU).

Also mention your budget for the upgrade.

pratjoehahn

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

sorry u see i am a newcomer so can u tell me whats a PSU and whats HD5670

pratjoehahn

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

hey can u tell me the specifications if i assemble a system myself ....... but but but it should beable to play all the GPU killer games

FunSurfer

Distinguished

I need to know the ARES model and the assembled computer parts to tell you which one is better.

A game killer PC will have at least core i7 CPU (with minimum 2.66GHz speed), a 5870 GPU and 6GB 1600MHz RAM at a 3x2GB tripple channel configuration. This rig will run games at 1920x1200 resolution with high settings.

pratjoehahn

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

Okay my budget is between 1 lakh in Indian rupees

pratjoehahn

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

Yes and doi need to change the GPU of my old computer???(specs given above) then plz suggest a good NVIDIA graphics card and plz mention its price in Indian currency(i.e. rupees)

FunSurfer

Distinguished
If you want to play games on medium-high settings you will have to upgrade your GPU and add 1GB of RAM. For your current CPU (Intel Dual Core PRocessor 2.60 Ghz), the suitable Nvidia cards are 9600GT, 8800GT, 9800GT, 9800GTX, 9800GTX+, GTS250 (listed in performance order from weakest to powerful). Your CPU will bottleneck better Nvidia cards. 512MB memory is enuogh for your screen.

The avarage price of the 9600GT is about 5000 INR.
The avarage price of the 9800GT is about 5700 INR.
The avarage price of the GTS250 is about 7300 INR.

pratjoehahn

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

plz suggest the parts i ve already mentioned the budget.

Yes, this isn't the right forum for questions about an entire build. But for that kind of budget in general you should be looking at an i7-920 system, 6 gigs of DDR3 ram, a 1920x1080/1200 monitor and an HD5870(ebay it if you can't find one locally.)
For that money you may even be able to get a bit fancy with things like a solid state hard drive and/or a bluray burner.

pratjoehahn

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

subm why dont u suggest the parts plz. thank you