Antec 902
EVGA p55 ftw
Intel 860 I7
Ati 5850 Black edition
Seasonic 850w psu
Samsung f3 1T hard drive.
Win 7 Pro 64bit

Hey guys,

I finally built my new computer on last week but I am running into a problem. I am trying to figure out why my left front usb port will not work while right usb works fine. When I plug a flash drive into the faulty port, I get the generic error that windows could not recognize the usb and tries to install the driver and doesn't work. I've tried multiple flash drives and got the same result. I went to the EVGA support forms to find out if people where having similar usb problems. I found user were having a mixed bag of issue with the USB in the front but didn't find any real fix. I did flash my bios to the latest firmware and made sure all the chip drivers were loaded, still the problem not fixed.

I started to draw my attention to the wiring from the front of the Antec 902 case. I begin testing the custom usb ports on the mobo itself. I tested front usb wire on each custom port and got the same result, left usb port out, right usb works. Just to make sure I also tested the back usb on each custom port on the mobo and everything worked fine, that eliminated a mobo issue. I trying to figure out if there is faulty wiring or the pins are crossed, I have no clue. Also anyone here know if there is something in the bios that I can change to fix this problem? I wanted to post here before I start dealing with the manufacture.

July 10, 2010 4:30:05 PM

I'm having the same problem - did you ever manage to fix this?
m
l
July 10, 2010 4:49:28 PM

I had to get a replacement front panel from Antec, but just to make sure test all your usb's ports on the board.
m
l
!