My Water cooling Parts list

belezeebub

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Well I put together a list of parts to build a dual loop system wanted to get some feedback before I place the order all fittings are 1/2" ID Koolance Compression Fittings did I grab any bad items or items that are not worth the scrap metal they are made out of?

Pump

EK Mountable Dual Loop Top - Black Acetal - Dual Reservoir w/ Dual D5 Variant Pumps Installed

•Pump Top Style: 5.25" Mountable D5 Dual Loop Top - White Acetal5.25" Mountable D5 Dual Loop Top - White Acetal
The power of two D5 pumps..... yup that is right TWO D5 or MCP655 in in two separate loops is now easy to set up with the EK 5.25" Mountable D5 Dual Loop Top. Multiple mounting options include 5.25" bay mounting stand alone and Multi-option reservoir hook up! You can have either a single block loop with a 9 block loop this combination of two of...
•Reservoir Style: 2 x RES X2 - Tube 60/200mm2 x RES X2 - Tube 60/200mm
Multioption tube for EK-Multioption RES X2 . This is a replacement tube for the 60mm in diameter X2 Series EK reservoirs. It is 200mm in length. ($22.00)
•Pump Style: 2 x Alphacool VPP Variable Speed2 x Alphacool VPP Variable Speed
The Alphacool VPP655 Variable Speed Pump - Bare Bones Single Edition is just the pump. Why buy a full D5 / MCP655 Series pump when you can just get the guts of the unit alone. Fits directly into bay reservoirs made for D5 MCP655 Series and this pump is ideal for PC and other electronics water cooling. The DC pump is equipped with an electronic...
•Top Style: 2 x EK-Multioption RES X2 - Top2 x EK-Multioption RES X2 - Top
EK-Multioption RES X2 - TOP W/thread is an additional single port top made of high quality POM Acetal for your favorite EK-Multioption RES X2 series.
•Select G 1/4" Fittings (Qty. 4): 1/2" ID Koolance Compression Fittings1/2" ID Koolance Compression Fittings
The Koolance 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 Threaded Nozzles Pair is one pair of rotational 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 threaded nozzles for Koolance components with replaceable nozzles. Nickel-plated brass with compression fitting and gasket. ($25.98)

GPU Block
2x Aquacomputer aquagraFX HD 7970 Full Coverage Liquid Cooling Block - Copper Version (23534)

•Select G 1/4" Fittings (Qty. 2): 1/2" ID Koolance Compression Fittings1/2" ID Koolance Compression Fittings
The Koolance 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 Threaded Nozzles Pair is one pair of rotational 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 threaded nozzles for Koolance components with replaceable nozzles. Nickel-plated brass with compression fitting and gasket. ($12.99)

Radi
2x Koolance Triple 120MM Copper High Flow

CPU Block
EK Supremacy Uni CPU Block Full Copper

Tubing
Tygon Silver antimicrobial

Bling

PrimoChill anti Kink VU Coil UV GREEN

I'd do it as one loop myself, a 360 each for the cards and maybe a 240 for the Cpu but all in one loop, other than that I don't see anything wrong here,
I'm assuming you are using Distilled water for coolant so its all green light from me
as I mentioned in your other thread over in Cpu/components, go over the W/c sticky a lot and glean what you can, and feel free to ask us for anything you are unsure of before you spend the cash :p
Moto

Lutfij

Titan
There are alot of them without links, might want to provide the links to your parts
What caught my eye was that you only chose a pair of fittings(2) any chance the rest are free with hardware :) ? Since I count 14 fittings necessary for your loop construction. Well also taking note that the pump top won't come with fittings.

With any pump top you choose you'll have both pumps running in series not individually, thus leading us to believe you're going for a single loop instead of your stated dual loop.

sluggercz

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I second Moto's point; running it as a single loop would also give you the benefit of having 2 pumps giving you some insurance should one decide to stop working.

I like Tygon tubing, but only in the laboratories I work in. It's more geared towards gases and directing liquids intermittently, rather than being used in a cycle where it's constantly in contact with coolant.

I'd go for PrimoChill Advanced LRT.

belezeebub

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I have enough fittings just didn't list them all and I disigned it as dual loop like so

Loop 1 200MM res -> Pump -> CPU Block -> 120MM.3
Loop 2 200MM Res -> Pump -> GPU1 to GPU2 -> 120mm.3

Some people have suggested something link this

Suggested Loop Radi1 -> 200MM Res -> Pump1 -> CPU1 -> Radi2 -> 200MM Res -> pump2 -> GPU1 -> GPU2