Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

20 hour Prime95 - 3570k OC 4.6 Ghz - Air Cooled

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 18, 2013 7:00:19 PM



How does it look? This my first OC so I'm not really sure how to analyze the results...

Prime95 results: http://pastebin.com/BzjrzKA9
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2013 8:01:47 PM

It actually looks pretty good in my opinion. I have mine clocked at 4.7Ghz and my voltages are 1.296. So it looks like we have about the same quality chip. You should push yours to 4.7Ghz at 1.296 volts too. My hottest core gets to only around 74c in prime95. But use intel burn in test. My temps shot up to 85c for the hottest core in that test. Prime95 just doesn't stress you PC enough I guess.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2013 8:07:55 PM

Man why does your voltage on CPUZ say it's only 1.032v? Unless you have a far better chip than I do that shouldn't be possible. Make sure your using the latest CPUz software to get the right voltage to show up. Also on core temps is said your voltage is higher but IDK if VID is the same thing. Also man, use intel burn in test, NOT prime95. In prime95 you get way lower temps.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2013 8:31:28 PM

Hitting 99C is pushing the limits pretty hard. To above poster - notice CPUZ says 1.032 while he is not under full load (prime95 is stopped). I expect he is using Offset to Overclock.

Back to your question though. Overclock looks pretty legit (albeit you are pushing harder than I personally would), now go to Windows Event Logger => Custom => Administrative and check for WHEA errors. Let me know what you find.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2013 8:34:24 PM

Once hit over 1.27 vcore temps go insane no matter what, 4.6Ghz is pretty considering most hit 4.4-4.5Ghz. 99c in quite high though within limits, obviously this was a result of Prime95.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2013 8:56:55 PM

Where are you getting 99c from. Your temps in prime95 say that you are an average of 70c? I would consider running IBT cause my PC only crashes if I run IBT. Prime 95 won't crash my PC, therefore you can't tell if your stable.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2013 11:36:43 PM

ericjohn004 said:
Where are you getting 99c from. Your temps in prime95 say that you are an average of 70c? I would consider running IBT cause my PC only crashes if I run IBT. Prime 95 won't crash my PC, therefore you can't tell if your stable.


Look at the screenshot. Clearly shows max temps of 99C on two of the programs.
January 19, 2013 12:50:09 AM

ericjohn004 said:
Man why does your voltage on CPUZ say it's only 1.032v? Unless you have a far better chip than I do that shouldn't be possible. Make sure your using the latest CPUz software to get the right voltage to show up. Also on core temps is said your voltage is higher but IDK if VID is the same thing. Also man, use intel burn in test, NOT prime95. In prime95 you get way lower temps.


I used offset on my voltage setting.

And no worries, before Prime95, I tested with IBT. I did 20 normal load passes and 20 High Load passes with the "Extreme" Setting. Both were successful!
January 19, 2013 12:55:32 AM

Adroid said:
Hitting 99C is pushing the limits pretty hard. To above poster - notice CPUZ says 1.032 while he is not under full load (prime95 is stopped). I expect he is using Offset to Overclock.

Back to your question though. Overclock looks pretty legit (albeit you are pushing harder than I personally would), now go to Windows Event Logger => Custom => Administrative and check for WHEA errors. Let me know what you find.



Is this WHEA?:
January 19, 2013 1:34:48 AM

Adroid said:
Hitting 99C is pushing the limits pretty hard. To above poster - notice CPUZ says 1.032 while he is not under full load (prime95 is stopped). I expect he is using Offset to Overclock.

Back to your question though. Overclock looks pretty legit (albeit you are pushing harder than I personally would), now go to Windows Event Logger => Custom => Administrative and check for WHEA errors. Let me know what you find.



Nvm, I found it.



The only thing that changes from each event is the date/time. Otherwise, they're all the same.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 19, 2013 3:17:37 AM

Yea, I had to up the voltage to get rid of WHEA errors. I also had to reduce my clockspeed to up voltage so my temperatures wouldn't be crazy high.

Hence my 4.3GHZ @ 1.240 voltage
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 19, 2013 5:01:09 PM

what kind of cooler and thermal compound are you using? I can get mind up to 4.7Ghz with temps of 85c on the hottest core.
!