Sign in with
Your question

Can I use radeon hd 2600 instead of audio card?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Audio
  • HD
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2010 8:20:58 AM

Can I use radeon hd 2600 instead of audio card?

More about : radeon 2600 audio card

a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2010 2:47:53 PM

You can use the HD2600 as a video card...for video...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2010 2:55:39 PM

Quote:
?

I've a problem (maybe dead) with my built-in audio card, but also I have ATI Radeon with High Definition Audio the same time. The question is: can I replace the functionality of my audio card with Radeon?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2010 3:44:14 PM

Yes, you can if you are connecting your card using HDMI or the dvi to HDMI adapter.

a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 12:39:59 PM

strangestranger said:
Yes, you can if you are connecting your card using HDMI or the dvi to HDMI adapter.

Agreed that the audio can be ported out using the dvi/hdmi adapter but I have never seen computer speakers that have an hdmi audio input. And, given the OP wants to use the HD2600 to replace his audio card, the fact that you can output audio over the dvi/hdmi adapter is useless if there are no computer speakers that have an hdmi audio input! A stereo receiver on the other hand, is another story...

Sorry stranger, but unless you can point the OP to computer speakers that have an hdmi audio input or explain how the OP can get the audio from the hdmi cable solely using the hdmi cable, you fail.

There are Component & S/PDIF Digital Coax/Optical Toslink Audio to HDMI converters but they cost more than a replacement audio card. And, they only convert to HDMI and not from HDMI.
March 5, 2010 12:55:37 PM

Can he not just plug it in to a TV/ Monitor with speakers inbuilt? Is that too obvious and am I missing something?
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 2:36:32 PM

chunkymonster said:
Agreed that the audio can be ported out using the dvi/hdmi adapter but I have never seen computer speakers that have an hdmi audio input. And, given the OP wants to use the HD2600 to replace his audio card, the fact that you can output audio over the dvi/hdmi adapter is useless if there are no computer speakers that have an hdmi audio input! A stereo receiver on the other hand, is another story...

Sorry stranger, but unless you can point the OP to computer speakers that have an hdmi audio input or explain how the OP can get the audio from the hdmi cable solely using the hdmi cable, you fail.

There are Component & S/PDIF Digital Coax/Optical Toslink Audio to HDMI converters but they cost more than a replacement audio card. And, they only convert to HDMI and not from HDMI.

Lol, try digging the hole further. The OP mentions nothing in his post about anything you mention.

It would be common sense to assume that the 2600 is his video card. Without knowing what his monitor is we cannot know if he can connect it up or not. Why would I be sauggesting connecting speakers up with an hdmi cable? It was clearly his monitor I was referring to.

He could be using a HDTV for all we know and you just never even thought of that.

Even if his monitor does not have speakers it will have, if it has an hdmi socket, an audio out connection which he can hopefully connect to his audio equipment.
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 11:33:10 PM

strangestranger said:
Lol, try digging the hole further. The OP mentions nothing in his post about anything you mention.
Ok, I've got my shovel ready! Coincidently, the OP's states nothing about what you mention either. However, the OP makes it clearer in his 2nd post...
Quote:
I've a problem (maybe dead) with my built-in audio card, but also I have ATI Radeon with High Definition Audio the same time. The question is: can I replace the functionality of my audio card with Radeon?
Not sure how you interpret that statement, but it seems pretty clear to me that he wants to use the HD2600 to REPLACE the audio card.

strangestranger said:
Without knowing what his monitor is we cannot know if he can connect it up or not. Why would I be sauggesting connecting speakers up with an hdmi cable? It was clearly his monitor I was referring to.
Yep, clear as mud. I wonder if the OP knew that you were referring to his monitor. But wait, how could he not, you were so clear with your answer! But just in case we missed it, let's read that answer again...
Quote:
OMG, how did I miss it, you were so clear in that you were talking about connecting to his monitor...wait, hold on, there's no mention of a monitor in your reply...uh-oh...

strangestranger said:
He could be using a HDTV for all we know and you just never even thought of that.
He could be using a 19" CRT with cheap no-name speakers for all you know. It seems you didn't consider that.

strangestranger said:
Even if his monitor does not have speakers it will have, if it has an hdmi socket, an audio out connection which he can hopefully connect to his audio equipment.
That's a lot of "if's" and "hope".

So, I think the lessons learned here are 1) that I gave the OP a smart-a$s answer, 2) you fail by assuming his monitor has an hdmi connection and an audio output, and 3) you are a complete douche bag for flaming over into the "stupid posts" thread.

Go fV*k yourself!
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2010 8:06:50 AM

My assumptions were based on common sense, without further feedback you have to assume that it was his video card. One of the reasons why it could be assumed he was using the vidoe card is that not everyone has a crossfire enabled mobo with an extra pci-e slot. True he could have one but then we don't know that and have to assume the obvious.

The fact that the OP has deleted his account and not responded back clearly shows how useful your ignorant reply was.

Also, if you know a way I can fcuk myself, please tell me. That would be very useful information.
!