Radeon 5750 HDMI Query

dAttitude

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
hi guys, i am back ... :)

a small simple question. i just picked up Samsung LCD 37" LAB530 Series 5. (it was in budget :)).

i have Radeon 5750 on my rig and i have 5.1 attached to my rig. now while watching Television, i want to give output of TV Audio on my 5.1 which is connected to my rig. is there a way through HDMI connection where i can give Audio out from TV and use my Creative 5.1 as the output sound through my computer?

i do understand that i will have to keep my comp on (if at all this is possible). but what i need to know is through this card which also allows me to use HDMI audio channel on board, is it possible to do what i asked above?

if not, is there any other way either through the card or through on board (motherboard) audio? is it possible?

OR ANY OTHER WAY (PLEASE SUGGEST)

i really really really need to do this for at least now, before i pick up my Home Theater (which is still a year from now to be honest).

Thanks a lot guys
dAtti .....

dAttitude

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009

sorry buddy,

i was in rush when i put in the query here. here are the links to my motherboard, graphic card and television.

My Config
- Intel i5 750 2.66 GHz Processor
- Cooler Master TX3 CPU Cooling System
- Gigabyte P55-UD3R Motherboard
- Corsair VX450W Power Supply Unit
- XFX ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB DDR5 GPU
- GSkill RipJaws 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
- Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet

My Screen (LCD Television)
- Samsung LA37B530 37"

My Sound
- Creative Inspiron 5.1 (quite old model ... dont remember the model number but i think its 5500/5100 something)

currently i am in Dubai, so if there is anything interesting i need to pick up for this thing to work please let me know about the same as in India, there are a few things which are not available at all or are in fact way too expensive. so please tell me within a days time (as i am traveling back to India) if i have to pick up anything which will make this thing work.

Please help.
Thank You!!!

P.S.
Samsung has given an HDMI cord along with this LCD but i am not sure of the config. could you please tell me if that cord is sufficient with the card that i am using or i should pick up a highend cord which is either 300-400-500-600 (i have seen these things written on the HDMI cords, so please tell me if i need to pick up any of these or the one supplied with samsung LCD should be fine??)

dAttitude

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
hi guys,

No activities/answers here? please help.
i need to know if this thing can be done or not. also i need a little more information on which HDMI cord should i be using for the best quality and any other use.

Thanks & Best Regards,
dAtti