Will this build work?

Silverbullet1321

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Hello, I am a new member here and am new to computer hardware as well, I was wondering if this build will work and if I have listed every single item that I need for a computer, please feel free to suggest any changes to the build, but the budget is $320
This computer will not be used for gaming, it will be mainly used to watch youtube videos and play simple browser games from time to time, the computer isn't for me, but the family computer.
Note: I plan to use the onboard graphics card of that motherboard because I don't believe a graphics card will make much of a difference on youtube videos (I may be wrong tho)

The Build: $310 total
Computer Case: Antec 200

Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W

Processor: AMD Sempron 2100+ 1.8GHz AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor

Motherboard: Foxconn M61PMV AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM (2 sticks): Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Miscellaneous Component: KINGWIN 15.74" SATA Data & Power Cable

Optical Drive: LITE-ON Black 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Writer - Retail

Well, the onboard Video has to preform the act of up-scaling and what not. Without GPU acceleration the duty falls on the CPU, which is a little weak. Also, HD flash content can be accelerated with the GPU provided recent drivers and a recent version of flash. In light of that I suggest a 785G based board instead, or for you to overclock that Semperon to a respectable 2.6 GHz.

TRENDING THREADS