ketanmehta4u

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Need some help 2 resolve my pc issues.
when i supply the power to pc it start automatically n give CMOS battery failure, COMS checksum error then i replace the old battery with a new one. Even i hv updated BIOS but the d problem still persist. Can anybody help me 2 solve this problem.

ketanmehta4u

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

yes scout-03. i have updated my system clock but when i start after some time then it again display to its previous time like (1jan2003,12am)

ketanmehta4u

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

Dear scout_03
I tried 3 different techniques to solve my problem.
1> change the battery. (which does not work)
2> installed the BIOS update from intel's website for the model no-GZ946. (which does not work as well)
3> there are 3 pins on BIOS, i remove the jumper from the first 2 pins and put on the last 2 pins then i supply the power to my pc and after few seconds a message displays to put ur jumper to its earlier place then i switch off the power and put the jumper its right place but the after doing all the 3 things my pc still showing the message "CMOS ERROR", "CMOS CHECK SUM ERROR"

is there any thing missing in my problem solving procedure?? :cry: :cry:

ketanmehta4u

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
tried almost every procedure but nothing worked, still my computer start directly after power suppy(without pushing button of CPU) and showing "CMOS checksum error" :cry: :cry:. It seems i have to consult some hardware engineer.

Anyway thanks everyone for their kind help :)