BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR

Need some help 2 resolve my pc issues.
when i supply the power to pc it start automatically n give CMOS battery failure, COMS checksum error then i replace the old battery with a new one. Even i hv updated BIOS but the d problem still persist. Can anybody help me 2 solve this problem.
13 answers Last reply
More about bios checksum error
  1. after the cmos battery replace did you put you system at the current date and time ?
  2. Change date and time can fix this.
  3. And make sure you don't have the reset cmos jumper on all the time.
  4. scout_03 said:
    after the cmos battery replace did you put you system at the current date and time ?

yes scout-03. i have updated my system clock but when i start after some time then it again display to its previous time like (1jan2003,12am)
  5. Reset CMOS, go into BIOS, hit F5 for Optimal settings, restart and let it run. Is error gone?
  6. check your board user manual to see what dormantreign suggest you about the switch .
  7. scout_03 said:
    check your board user manual to see what dormantreign suggest you about the switch .

Dear scout_03
    I tried 3 different techniques to solve my problem.
    1> change the battery. (which does not work)
    2> installed the BIOS update from intel's website for the model no-GZ946. (which does not work as well)
    3> there are 3 pins on BIOS, i remove the jumper from the first 2 pins and put on the last 2 pins then i supply the power to my pc and after few seconds a message displays to put ur jumper to its earlier place then i switch off the power and put the jumper its right place but the after doing all the 3 things my pc still showing the message "CMOS ERROR", "CMOS CHECK SUM ERROR"

is there any thing missing in my problem solving procedure?? :cry: :cry:
  8. dormantreign said:
    And make sure you don't have the reset cmos jumper on all the time.

i don't understand sir. can u plz explain me.
  9. give the full name and model of that motherboard since th gz946 refer to a chipset .
  10. scout_03 said:
    give the full name and model of that motherboard since th gz946 refer to a chipset .

Intel® Desktop Board D946GZIS
  11. tried almost every procedure but nothing worked, still my computer start directly after power suppy(without pushing button of CPU) and showing "CMOS checksum error" :cry: :cry:. It seems i have to consult some hardware engineer.

Anyway thanks everyone for their kind help :)
  12. check your power settings in the bios it should not start directly unless the system is in sleep mode .
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Battery Checksum BIOS Overclocking